Chapter 4: World Wedding War

Keith knelt in handcuffs in front of King Alfor. Pidge was carried to Allura, who was k=now holding her in her own lap.

    "What do you have to say for yourself, guard."

     "Just kill me. It will be easier." Keith said.

     "So you admit to kidnapping her."

    "Did I kidnap her? No. But I have no evidence that this is true, and the only eye witness is asleep. So just kill me already." Keith said. He looked at the floor and waited. Then Lotor burst through the doors behind him.

   "You." Lotor said ashe turned Keith around and grabbed Keith's collar. "It is not enough that you leave the Galra, but you had to kidnap the Princess as well! Treason against the crown!"

    Pidge started to stir, and she lazily looked around. Lotor bent lower and whispered violently into Keith's ear. "Anything you felt for her, if any at all, was false hope. Her heart belongs to me and is mine, and she never cared for you." WIth that Lotor stabbed Keith in the stomach with his knife.

     "Ughhhh! Mhh!" Keith shouted in pain. He tried to keep in the sounds of pain, but it only sounded like he was trying to keep it in and failing. Lotor dropped him. Keith doubled over in pain.

    Pidge jolted up, and watched as Lotor plunged the knife into Keith. The one person who had ever risked their life for her. And her first crush.

    "Keith!" Pidge ran over to him. She held him, and desperately tried to keep the blood in. "No, it's okay. You are going to be okay. I can still save you, you still have time." Keith smiled, and he took her hand. He brought it to his lips and kiss it. Tears streamed down Pidge's eyes. "That better not be goodbye. You better not die. Keith I order you not to die."

    "I have about three days, just forget me." Keith whispered. Pidge held him tighter. 

     "I will save you. I will do whatever it takes. I-I love you." Pidge whispered back.

    "I love you too." Keith whispered before his eyes rolled back in head and he passed out.  Pidge motions for one of the guards and she asks him to help her take Keith to her room. Meanwhile, no one has taken notice of this as they are focused on the King and Lotor.

      "LOTOR! You can't just stab people! HE WAS INNOCENT!!" The king roared.

     "INNOCENT! HE KIDNAPPED THE PRINCESS! HOW ELSE COULD SHE GET ON THEHHEL!"

      "My daughter ran away!"

      "Yeah right! She is not like that!"

      "DON'T TELL ME WHAT MY DAUGHTER IS LIKE! YOU JUST MET HER!"

       "YEAH!"

        "THE MARRIAGE IS OFF!"

         "FINE!! SEE IF I CARE! ALL I WANTED WAS THE POWER ANYWAY!" Lotor shouted and stomped out of the castle. 

       The guard laid Keith on the bed, and Pidge started to put her medical training to use. She cleaned the wound, sewed it up and bandaged it. She put her dress back on, then sat on the side of the bed. She took Keith's hand in her own and rubbed it.

    After a few hours, King Alfor and Allura came into the room. Pidge looked up and moved her arm to 'protect' Keith.

     "How is the lad?" Alfor asked.

      "You won't take him! I-wait. What?"

      "How is the poor lad? Took a nasty hit from Lotor."

       "He'll live. He is just resting now.------So you are not going to take him?"

        "No, no. One, if he was your kidnapper, you wouldn't try and save him. Two, the lad was following orders. Lock both of you in your room, and watch her. Three, he showed me the power hungry monster Lotor was. And for that the wedding is off."

      Allura sat at the end of the bed, and King Alfor walked over the the edge of the bed to see how Keith was doing.

     "He is a good lad. Keith, that is his name right?"

       "Yes. He told me after the worm attacked us."

      "Oh, one of the worms got you after you two crashed? I am guessing he kept trying to protect you." The king said. Pidge nodded. Just then Keith started to wake up.

     "W-where am I?" He said, attempting to sit up, only to yelp and fall back down. He opened his eyes to see the King and both Princesses standing above him. He quickly saluted.

     "No need for that." The king said, and Keith dropped his arm. Keith worked his way up to a sitting position. 

    Pidge moved next to him and put his arm over her own shoulders, then she carefully leaned into him. Keith looked down at Pidge, then at the King. 

    "It is okay. You will make a great son-in-law." The king said, then he and Allura left. That left Keith more confused than ever, but he looked down at Pidge and he didn't care anymore. He bent down and kissed her forehead. She was fast asleep.