Chapter 2: Pirate AU

"You know her?" the darker pirate asked. Shiro looked up at him.

       "Lance, we just left my home village. Heck! She is the sister to my best friend!" Shiro said gesturing wildly at Katie. "And she should be at home, not trying to sneak onto pirate ships!" The pirate holding Katie loosened his grip on her. 

       "If it wasn't your ship, it was going to be another Shiro. No one takes my family and gets away with it."Katie said.

        "THAT GROUP OF PIRATES IS MILES AND MILES AWAY! And all pirates don't know each other! So you easily get on the ship, what then!" Shiro said.

       "I do not have to explain my actions to you," Katie said.

       "You on his ship, you kinda do," the big pirate asked. 

         "No no, she doesn't. Oh, Kieth, you can let her go." Shiro said, calming down. Keith let go of Katie. Neither of them moved afterward. "Now what are we going to do with you. I can't take you back because that would look suspicious,"

        "She could become one of us," Keith suggested. "Allura would be happy to finally get another girl on board,"

       "You could give her to Keith," Lance whispered to Hunk and the two chuckled under their breath. 

          "Lance. Stop- wait that is actually not a bad idea," Shiro said. Both Katie and Keith tensed up.

          "Shiro! You are not supposed to be on their side!" Keith said.

           "No no, I don't me I actually giving her to you. I mean pretend you are in love with each other so that we don't have to kill Katie. Can you do that?" Shiro asked. As a response, Keith set his hands on Katie's shoulders, his thumbs rubbing her back. Katie relaxed and leaned into him more. Then Hunk and Lance left snickering.

      When Hunk and Lance returned, they had a very dark skinned girl, with flowing black hair. 

      "So, we finally got another girl!" She said. Katie assumed that this was Allura. "So who was she given to, huh?"

     "Wait, I wasn't the only one?" Katie asked.

      "Na. Shiro did the same to me, I was given to Lance over here," Allura said, pretending to gag. "So Keith huh? That is an odd choice but okay." After Allura said this, Katie reached a hand up and placed it over one of Keith's.

     "Allura, we need you to show her the ropes," Shiro said.

     "Okay, let's go!" Allura said. Katie lingered for a second, squeezing Keith's hand briefly before following Allura.

     It took an hour for Allura to dress Katie up. Katie and Allura both had skirts that they tied up to the waist on one side. They walked out of the girl's room and up to Shiro, Lance, Hunk, and Keith at the steering wheel.

     "Shiro!" Allura called,"This girl had 4 weapons on her! 4!" Allura said excitedly. 

      "What?" Keith said, clearly surprised. Katie laughed and went up and ruffled his hair. "Do you know how to use them?"

     "I am from Garrison. Of course, I know how to fight." Katie said.

      "Prove it," Keith smirked.

       "Alright, you little flirt," Katie laughed, making Keith red. Then she took out her knife. Lance oohed as Keith took out his own knife. Katie and Keith crossed blades and the fight began. 

      Down the stairs they went,  fighting away. They traveled mid-deck, always at each other throat, until Keith climbed up to the crows nest. Katie followed and the fight continued in the tiny space. 

     Suddenly Katie disarmed him, his blade sticking in the floor, and she pulled him into her and pointed the knife at the back of his neck. They stood there panting, and Katie wrapped her other arm around him. She dropped her knife and hugged Keith, her head resting against his chest.

     "You know, if you wanted a hug so badly, you could have just asked," Keith smirked as he hugged her back. The swayed there in silence for a couple minutes. "We'll find your family, we only pretend we are pirates, really we are just like you and want revenge. We will find your family," Keith said, running his fingers through Katie's hair.

     "Careful now, you wouldn't want to really fall in love," Katie teased.

        "Too late," Keith whispered.