Chapter 3: Band AU

Pidge was the first one in the booth that night. She put her stuff by the couch and she walked into the studio to set the place up.

     Keith walked into a lit booth, which was weird for him. He walked in and set his stuff down, and looked through the window. He relaxed a little when he saw Pidge setting stuff up. He walked to the open studio door and leaned against the doorway. Keith knocked and Pidge jumped and turned around.

     "Geez, you scared me," Pidge said.

     "You are the one who is here early," Keith said walking in. "What are doing?"

     "Setting up you, Hunk, and Lance's areas," Pidge replied.

     "What about you? Don't you sing?"

      "Ha! Me. Sing. You must be joking," Pidge said, "I remix and add instruments that aren't there, I don't sing,"

      "You never know if you don't try," Keith said. That really got to Pidge. Keith noticed as she fidgeted with her hands.

     "I-um-but-I I don't even know what I would sing and I-um," Pidge said backing up and flustered. She turned to walk away, but Keith grabbed her wrist.

      "Pidge," Keith said softly. Pidge turned to look at Keith, and her eyes softened. "I wasn't trying to stress you out. I just want to see what would happen if try," Keith walked closer to her and she looked up at him.

      "I'll try, but no promises," Pidge said. She sat down on a stool with the headset the microphone and her mixer, (the type that Anna Kendrick uses in Pitch Perfect 2). Keith sat down on a stool in front of her. "I don't know what to sing about, nothing big happens to me,"

     "Pretend, a lot of singers have to do that. How about you pretend you just fell in love," Keith suggested. Pidge thought about it for a second then started to hit a few buttons on her pad. (The song above, I don't know how to describe the sound effects.)

     "Some nerve you have. To break up my lonely. And tell me you want me. How dare you march into my heart. Oh, how rude of you. To ruin my miserable. And tell me I'm beautiful. 'Cause I wasn't looking for love no. Nobody asked to get me attached to you. In fact, you tricked me. And I wasn't trying to fall in love but boy you pushed me." Pidge sang. She was smirking the whole time and Keith wanted to laugh at the fun perspective in the lyrics but thought against it. "So all that I'm asking. Is that you handle me with caution.  'Cause I don't give myself often.  But I guess I'll try today."

      Keith's heart sped up. She was an amazing singer. But she was also down to Earth, and smart, and funny. Oh quiznak, I had a crush on her, Keith thought. But he didn't care.

     "Cause I've had my heart. Broken before. And I promised I would never let me hurt anymore. But I tore down my walls. And opened my doors. And made room for one. So, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. But I tore down my walls. And opened my doors. And made room for one. So, baby, I'm yours." Pidge sang, and both her and Keith had Cheshire grins from the lyrics. "I'm mad at you. For being so cute. And changing my mood. And altering my rude. What's wrong with you. You make me sick for being so perfect. What did I do? What can I do, oh? And I wasn't trying. To melt this heart of iron. But the way you hold me makes the old me pass away. And I would be lying. If I said I wasn't scared to fall again. But if you promise me you'll catch me. Then it's okay. Cause I've had my heart. Broken before. And I promised I would never let me hurt anymore. But I tore down my walls. And opened my doors. And made room for one. So, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours.

     Oh, I hate that I. Spend my days just wasting time. Daydreaming til I see you again. I'm not used to this. Oh, I used to be so used to boys just using me. For you to be you to me. Feels new to me. 'Cause I usually cheer for the bad side. Love under a bad sign. So it makes me mad I'm. Falling again. Falling again. But I tore down my walls. And opened my doors. And made room for one. So, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours. But I tore down my walls. And opened my doors. And made room for one. So, baby, I'm yours. Oh, baby, I'm yours." Pidge sang. She ended the song and looked at Keith who was staring at her red-faced. "Keith? Keith are you okay?"

    "I think I'm in love," Keith mumbled not taking his eyes off Pidge.