Chapter 1: Forget You (Multiple Ship Warning)

Keith walked through the streets of the small town Altea. The town was quiet and empty, the complete opposite of Keith's thoughts. Lance's betrayal had really hit Keith hard and memories of the 'good times' floated in his head. 

      Keith thought that maybe some fresh air would help, but so far he had no results. He trudged along the sidewalk, feeling awful nostalgic. Suddenly a car sounded from behind him, and he looked back to see where it was coming from. And that was his mistake.

     Behind him a very expensive convertible strolled the street. As it passed, Keith watched as Lance stuck his head out the window and blew a raspberry at him, before sitting down and kissing his new boyfriend Hunk's hand. He looked down in pain, more memories resurfacing. Keith couldn't take it and decided to go to the outside food plaza and get some food.

    It was sunny outside and a lot of people were eating at the plaza, so Keith got his fries at sat down at one of the only empty tables. He looked around and saw lots of people. One of the people that stood out to him was a small girl sitting by herself. 

    She was looking at someone and he followed her eyes to another couple. Keith recognized them as the most popular love birds, Shiro and Allura.

     At first Keith thought that the girl was looking at Shiro, but when Shiro got up to say goodbye to some of his friends, the small girl was still looking at Allura. She was the other, the one that Allura used to get Shiro. 

     Keith wasn't the only one who noticed however, because Allura looked at the girl and gave a smirk only cheating little low lifes can give. The girls eye widen in fear, and she shook. Shiro came back and the two started to leave. They passed the girl still shaking in fear, and Allura dropped her drink over the girl.

    "Oops." Allura said then she burst into laughter. Then she and Shiro left. Everyone just stared, a few chuckled but none came to her rescue. Keith had gone through something similar to this, but not even close to this bad. 

     The plaza was silent, that is when Keith got up and stomped over to small girl. He was so angry that people were such jerks. He took her out of the plaza, and out of gaze of the others. Into the Castle park they went and he sat her down on a bench in the abandon park.

    "HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT THERE AND LET HER TORTURE YOU!" Keith shouted in anger, and  he started to pace in front of her.

    "I-I d-on't why are you?" The girl asked.

     "How can you sit there in fear, abused, and not go to anyone for help! How?!" Keith said, looking at her for answers. 

    "Because I loved her. And it hurts. She was my first, and it was her that asked me out, I just said yes. I-I am afraid that I am never going to heal, that she is never going to let me live this down.

      I would rather be a lover than a fighter, 'cause all my life I've been fighting and never felt a feeling of comfort. All this time I've been hiding, I had never had someone to call my own before her. Love just left me alone, and I was one with the silence. Then I met her, she liked me for, me. I let her drag me around, tease me, hit me, because I had finally made a connection. Or so I thought.

      I found peace in her violence. Don't try and tell me off, there is no point in trying. I at one with the silence again, and I have been quiet for so long." The girl said, tears were streaming down her face, she had stood up, her eyes wide with pain.

   Keith's eyes had started to teared up as well, and he fell to his knees. He wrapped his arms around himself and a car passed by the park."Suck it KEITH!" Lance yelled at him from the car. The two had both looked to see who it was, Keith hung his low, and Pidge looked at him her owl eyes wide with understanding. Keith was full on crying now, and a song came to his head, too loud to keep it in, but it came out as a whisper, voice cracking from the tears.

    "...if I was richer I'd still be with ya, Although there's pain in my chest ,I still wish you the best, With a forget you!" Keith sing songed while he weeped. He then whispered "And forget him too." Pidge tackle hugged him and they both wept in each other arms. 

      The pain in their hearts was back-breaking, and felt like it was an infinite loop of suffering. But for that moment, and every moment they had together from then on, unknowingly was stitching their hearts back up. Fixing them back up, but not to they shape they were before. No, only one heart was fixed, the heart that was bound by shards of both of their hearts. Broken becoming renewed. Lust for others, becoming love for each other. Two, becoming one.