Chapter 1: Avatar AU

A bit of background. In this AU, it starts right after the Firebenders attacked the Airbenders. They killed all except for Katie's dad and brother, who were captured. Her mother hide her and they pretended to be members of the water clan. Katie hide her identity for her own safety calling herself Pidge and using her Airbending to manipulate water. She also wears sweater 24/7 to hide the blue arrows that swirl down her left arm Her only friends are the water clan chiefs kids, Allura and Lance. Allura is the only Waterbender in the clan as benders are a bit rare.  Keith is Firebender and Shiro is the avatar. Keith abandon the fleet, and they both come to the water clan to get help, and they come along with a friend they picked up on the way, Hunk-Earthbender. Ok, done. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Pidge stood on the cliff of ice, looking out for intruders. Her brother's staff was on her back, the last essience of him she had. Taking in the sharp crisp south pole air, Pidge slide back down to village. 

     Pidge walked into the clans fort and saw a huge crowd, and three quests. After a while the crowd dispersed and Pidge got a better look at the strangers. One was clearly an Earthbender, one she was unsure of, and the last looked like a fi-fire, her eyes widened. Memories of the attack flashed in her mind. The mountain a blaze, her people all dead, her brother and father lost to the firebenders tyranny, the endless graves her and her mother dug. 

    "Pidge! Come meet the newcomers!" Allura waved her over. Pidge approached cautiously her staff in hand. 

    "Hunk, Shiro, Keith, this is one of our only Waterbenders, Pidge." Lance introduced. 

    "Hi, I am Hunk!" said the Earthbender.

    "Keith." the Firebender said.

    "I am Shiro." said the last. Shiro reached his hand out, and Pidge retreated a step. 

   "Sorry, Pidge is not a fan of new people." Lance said, which earned him a staff to the stomach. Pidge eyed Shiro.

    "What are you?" Pidge asked.

    "What do you mean?" Shrio questioned. 

     "Hunk is Earth, Keith is Fire. What are you?" 

     "I was originally Fire," Shiro said, the word Fire made Pidge tense up.

     "Originally?"

     "You probably won't believe me, but I am the avatar." Shiro said, scratching the back of his head. Pidge looked him over again.

    "Sure..." Pide said shrugging, but still keeping her guard up. Keith looked at her, the others might not have seen it, but he had. He had seen her tense up at the word Fire. He knew she hated the Firebenders, so if she hated him, he was determined to hate her back.

   "ANYway, let me show you where you will be staying." Allura said.

   "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You trust them just like that!? They could be spys! Heck two of them are Firebenders!" Pidge stopped Lance.

   "Pidge I know you've had a bad experience with Firebenders, but you can't say one rude Firebender means they all are bad---" Lance said, leading the others away. One rude Firebender. It was a slaughter,  Pidge thought. 

    "Pidge? Are you ok?" Allura asked, puting her hand on Pidge's shoulder. 

    "I don't know. The memories came back."

     "Of your 'bad experience'?"

     "Yeah."

      "Do you want to talk about it?" Allura asked.

      "If I told you, you never look at me the same again." Pidge said as she walked out of the village. "You would never look at me with that innocent look again."