Chapter 1: High School AU

Thank you all for the ideas! This one is of Garrison High an idea by @JocelynAranda2.

   "Duty, decency, reliability, honour, dignity, respect: these are all qualities that my father not only held in high esteem, but practised every day during his time on this earth.

 And a brother, with heart for the world. Who always saw the bright side. Never once bringing me down. Life, Freedom, Happiness, Joy. That was my brother.

But they are not gone. I will find them. These graves just throw everyone off my real motives." Pidge whispered. She stood in front of two graves, drenched in the pouring rain. No one came to the funeral. Her mother was so depressed she had to go to a care center. 

     Pidge crumpled to her knees and hugged her brothers grave. She cried until her tears dried, and the rain stopped to reveal the stars. Pidge looked up at the sky, empty of tears, and walked home alone.

     (Time Skip to a few weeks later. Pidge has been surviving on her own, she got a job as a waitress and is doing taxes and shopping. Basically she has grown up at the age of 14. School is just starting.).

     "PIDGE!!" Lance yelled from behind Pidge as she walked into school. "Pidge what are you doing here! This is high school!" Lance said.

    "I know. They school moved me up a couple grades over the summer. I'm a freshman now, just like you." Pidge responded. 

    "Cool. The trio survives the summer and into the school year." Hunk said. The three walked into the school and set off towards their first class. Math with Professor Coran. The three entered the classroom, and found they were the first ones in.

    Math went by quickly as did the rest of the day, (also I am a little lazy and don't want to bore you guys). Pidge walked back to her locker at the end of the day. She was just organizing her stuff when she hear a gasp from down the hall.

   "YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME!" Allura, the most popular girl in school shouted. Pidge had her stuff and was about to leave when Lance grabbed her wrist and dragged her towards the commotion, where a small crowd had gathered.

    "YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH SHIRO!" Someone shouted back. Pidge couldn't tell who it was, most because of her height, but she knew who it was because of Lance's clenched fists. It was Keith. Fly boy, player, an emo nightmare that most every girl had a crush on. He was, in a jist, the bad boy.

   "Lance can I go now? I don't care about this drama." Pidge asked. Lance shook his head and kept watching.

    "I'm leaving whether you like it or not!" Keith said, and pushed his way through the crowd. He pushed past Lance and for a brief second, him and Pidge locked eyes. Time seemed to slow down for Keith, as he locked eyes with a pair of amber ones. 

     He had never seen this girl before, and from the looks of her, she wasn't like the others. Short, glasses, baggy clothes, and her eyes. Big amber eyes that were filled with curiosity, and...sorrow. 

    Time speed up again. Keith stomped off and looked away, blood rushing to his face. His face was covered in a small blush, and his heart was pounding in his chest. What is happening, I have never had this happen! What did she do to me! Keith panicked as he walked home. He opened the door and saw his brother Shiro sitting in the kitchen.

    "Look, Keith I can explain." Shiro said standing up. 

    "Don't. The damage is done. She is yours now." Keith snapped as he stomped up the stairs.