Chapter 1: Monsters of all Trades

This is a prompt by @Linkette67. I will be honesty I have never been into things like this so it was harder, but I tried to make it as non-cheesy as possible so...

------------------------------------------------------------

    Pidge heard her mother's scream and it jerked her awake. She ran into the hallway and saw her older brother leaving  his room next door as well. The two started to run down the hall to see what had happened to their parents, when someone grabbed Pidge from behind.

  She struggled as the unknown person tried to bite her neck. A vampire, Pidge thought. Pidge watched her brother's vampire slip away, leaving her brother dead limp on the floor. Her vampire was about to bite her neck when she kicked him in the groin. He let go, but not before his one of his teeth gave her a cut on the neck. 

  Pidge ran to her brother and checked his neck. Sure enough, she could see the puncture marks. She checked her parents and they too, had been bitten. Pidge let the tears come and after an hour she started to block the windows, and get rid of any loose garlic. 

    This was when she was 10. Now she was 14, living in the monster part of town with her mother. She had finished out with her old school and had just transferred. Both brother and father were taken by scientists for research. And another thing, she wasn't a vampire, the only thing that happened is if she touched sunlight she would started to burn, then disintegrate.

    Pidge looked up at her new school, her books tight in hand. She walked into the school and closed her eyes as she adjusted to the hanging lights, because it was night. She walked to her first class and sat down at her desk.

    The night was half way done and Pidge heard the bell for lunch. She sat down at an empty table and started to do her homework.

   "Um accuse me! You're in our spot" Someone said. Pidge looked up to see a skeleton, a fat ghost, and two werewolves.

    "I don't see your name on it."

    "Lance, it is ok. She is probably new here..." the ghost said to the skeleton. The oldest werewolf shrugged and sat down. Lance and the ghost sat down too, and the other werewolf did eventually, but stayed far away from Pidge. 

    What was that old tale? Oh right. Werewolves and Vampires hate each other. Wow, I wonder why only one of them seemed to care about the old tale, Pidge thought. Not trying to be awkward, Pidge packed up and moved to the library. 

The school day finally ended, and Pidge walked up to her new dorm, which this high school had. (Time skip to 10:00)

     There was a howl from somewhere inside the school and Pidge stepped out of her room. She, fully dressed btw, walked down stairs and into the cafeteria. That is when Lance came running in, a fully transformed werewolf at his heels.

     "I HATE FULL MOONS!!!!!!" He said as he ran. The two burst past Pidge, and up the stairs, and the werewolf bite Lance's leg and ran into the nearest room with it. Evidently it was Pidges. Through the same door those two came out of, the ghost and older werewolf came out.

    "Oh hey. You're the new girl right?" The ghost asked. "I am Hunk, this is Shiro, the skeleton is Lance, and the one who for some reason hates you is Keith."

    "Cool. And I think I know why he hates me so, it doesn't matter."

    "Why?" Shiro asked.

     "I am part vampire." Pidge said pointing to a long scar on her neck. "I was struggling and so he didn't quite bite me..."

     "Ah. He is from a pure blood werewolf family, so that would explain it. Although he should have changed living with half breeds like me." Shiro said. "I can tell you are going to fit right in with our group." The three ran up the stairs and picked Lance up. 

    Pidge walked slowly into her room.  Keith was hidden by the bed but she could hear his growling. Shiro had given her a leash and she held onto it tight. Pidge walked fast so she now cornered him in the nook between the bed and window.

    Keith dropped the bone and growled, slowly coming towards her. Pidge put her hand out, hoping to calm him but all she did was almost get her hand bitten off. Keith was getting closer, but Pidge was quicker. She jumped forward and grabbed the scruff of his neck and braced herself for the worst.

    Pidge opened her eyes and looked up at the wolf, his eyes submissive and ears down. Most dogs do act like that if you grab their scruff, but Pidge wasn't sure that it was the same on werewolves. 

    Pidge calmed him down enough to leash him and tie him to the old fashioned air conditioner in the room.  For a while she just sat there, the wolf laying down in front of her. After a while however, she actually got tired so she just hopped in her bed and ducked under neathe the covers. 

   Pidge heard whimpering and turned to look at the wolf. She checked to make sure the leash was long enough, then ushered him on the bed. He jumped up and layed down behind her. 

    "BOO!" Hunk said as his head poke through the wall, Shiro and Lance joining in at the doorway. 

    "Lovebirds, wake up!" Lance called. Pidge woke up lazily, then froze. Keith had transformed back during the night, and the two were a tangled mess. Keith was holding her by the waist, his head buried in her shoulder. Pidge's legs were in between his as he held her tight.

     Keith woke up, and did not remember a thing. But that was normal. What wasn't normal was the fact he was in an unknown room, tangled up with a girl he hated. 

    "AHHH!" Pidge and Keith screamed as they untagged themselves. Pidge was red and she pushed Keith off the side of the bed.

     "Ow!" Keith said as he hit the floor. The other boys were laughing super hard while Keith and Pidge had done this, and were finally coming down.

     "You guys slept like that all night." Lance remarked. "And can I have my leg back now?" Keith handed the leg to Lance, who put it back on his body. The three boys left, leaving Pidge and Keith alone. 

    Pidge silently walked over and unleashed him, expecting him to jump up and run out of the room. Keith however, just stayed there. Pidge looked down at him and the two held eye contact for a while.

   Pidge was still super tired so she layed on the bed without a word. She almost fell asleep when she heard a tiny noise. Not big enough to hear unless you held your breath, but it was still there. A quiet whimpering. Pidge turned to look at Keith who was now red.

    "Come on." She said tiredly. Keith slowly crawled onto the bed and under the covers. He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. 

    There was only one thought between the two of them at this point. I can't be falling in love with the like of him/her, can I?