Chapter 1: Invisible

This is a prompt given to me by @Lilythequeen336. Just so nobody gets confused, Keith has left the team but still visits, and Pidge sent Matt and her Dad back to Earth. 

 --------------------------------------------------------

    The lions tore through the galra fleets, split up, and very far apart. They tried to buy the Blade of Marmora as much time as they needed to get the information from the nearby Galra base. Pidge was farther from any of others and was fighting closer the icicle planets edge.

     Pidge diverted another blast from the ion cannons. She was inside the planets magnetic system and her communications were glitching like crazy. 

    "Take that galra!" Pidge yelled tearing apart the biggest ship. She began to take the fighters down, not noticing the other galra ship nearby. The galra ship used the tractor beam to pry off a huge icicle from the planets. The ship began to spin rapidly and they realised the icicle so it flew towards the green lion.

     Pidge saw the icicle too late, and the ice pierced through the green lion's jaw. The icicle fit just right so it was flush with the green lions head, but in reality Pidge was pinned against a wall, icicle going straight through both her and lion.

    Keith watched the fight in space as he and the other Blade members returned to the castle. Keith watched as four lions broke the wall of galra, when he saw a movement from the corner of his eye. A spear of stone and ice, crashing into the green lion's jaw. 

   Keith's mind was racing as he saw the green lion's movement change from the sharp, efficient directions of Pidge, to fluent. What is happening? She never flies like that and is she okay? He thought. 

    Just then Shiro called for Voltron and the green lion snapped into its place. They defeated the galra and returned to the castle.  

    "Good job guys! I need food..." Hunk cheered as he left towards the kitchen.

     "I'm going to go beat my game now." Lance said leaving the bridge as well.  Keith was the last one on the bridge, and Pidge still hadn't emerged. Keith expecting the worst ran down to the green lion.

     The green lion was laying on its side, an icicle partially falling out. Keith ran aboard and heard Pidge's voice.

     "You'll be okay girl. It should melt I think..." Pidge said. She carried on a normal conversation for while talking about random things. Keith walked in and his heart stopped. Her hand was in stomach, blood everywhere. She was half dead and talking drunkenly to a lion.

     Keith rushed to her side and wrapped his coat around her wound.

     "Oh....hey Keith...." Pidge said.

     "You are going to be okay Pidge." Keith said worriedly as he picked her up and walked towards the infirmary.

   "Did you know that the lions talk to each other? Green told me this funny story..." Pidge rambled. She was still rambling as he put her into the healing pod and started the healing process. 

     Keith paced, and Shiro walked in an hour later. 

    "What are you doing here Keith." Shiro asked. Air released from the pod and Keith ran a caught Pidge in his arms. He set her down into his lap and stroked her hair trying to get to fall asleep again. 

    "Shh, Pidge." Keith said, ignoring Shiro for now.

     "Keith, I have never seen you this worried. What happened to her?"

      "An icicle from the planet pierced the green lions jaw. Both Pidge and her lion had hole right through them." Keith said as he looked down at the small girl. Pidge lazily looked up at Keith and reached up. Her hand brushed his cheek, and he grabbed her wrist and kept it there. 

     Shiro left, as to leave the two love birds alone. He was the only one who knew that they had a thing for each other, and that is why Keith hadn't left earlier. 

    Keith held Pidge like that for the rest of the night, her his lifeline.