Chapter 1: Hits and Heart Break

Keith had writers block. He could think of nothing to added to his fantasy of a story. This had happened many times before, so he handled it the way he always did. A change of scenery.

      He walked into Kaltenecker's, a fast food restaurant near his apartment, and sat down. He had one earbud and was listening to Hamilton. The waiter, Hunk, gave him his food and he began to eat. He looked around at the other people here. There was a 20 year old with a prothstetic arm and a white tuft of hair. There was a kid in blue trying to flirt with a waitress, and there was a couple sitting in silence. 

     The silence is what stood out to Keith. Not fighting, not flirting, not chatting. Dead silence. Keith's author mind wandered off, trying to wrap a story around the silence. That is when he saw the girl in a better light.

     She was small, cute, and had a smart aura around her. But that is not what Keith noticed first. The thing that stood out to him was the handprint on the nape of her neck. It was recent looking, and she would rub it ever so often.

    Keith quickly turned away and took out his phone. He logged on to Wattpad and began typing his short story. It was about how the girl had gotten that handprint and why she hadn't told her boyfriend. It took him awhile, but he published it.

      Soon the boyfriend grabbed the girls wrist and lead her out of the restaurant. Keith took no notice of it and headed home. He walked up the stairs to the second floor of the apartment and started to walk down the hall. He turned a corner and stopped dead in his tracks.

      Lotor looked up Keith, his hand in the air, about to strike Pidge who was already on the ground. Pidge curled up tighter expecting contact. Keith slowly started to walk towards the two. Lotor eyes widened and as Keith cautiously approached. He grabbed Pidge wrist and dragged her in the opposite direction. 

      "Hey!" Keith said, jogging to keep up with Lotor. Lotor ran into a corner and he turned to face Keith. He threw Pidge behind him. "What are you doing to her!?"

      "Get out of my business." Lotor growled.

       "I would, but not in this situation. Not when you are treating her like that." Keith said standing firm. Lotor stepped forward and cracked his knuckles. Keith realized he was in trouble so he pulled out his knife. Lotor grinned and the two circled each other until Lotor realized Keith was in front of Pidge.

       "Why do you care?! She is my girlfriend, not yours!"

        "No she is not. She is your toy, and you broke her. She is not your girlfriend." Keith said. Lotor clenched his fists then flung himself at Keith. Keith hit him with butt of the knife, and made Lotor stumble back. "And unless you want to get the same pain you gave her, I would suggest you run." Keith said. 

      It worked, Lotor ran in the other direction and disappeared. Keith put his knife away and turned to the girl. She had tears streaming down her sacred eyes. She was shaking and plastered to the wall in fear. Keith knelt down and offered a hand up. She made no movement.

    "I am not going to hurt you. Neither is he." 

      He inched closer. The girl relaxed a little, but had here guard up. "Why. Why do you care about me?"

     "Because what he was doing was wrong. That is not what loves is, love is caring and sweet. Not cruel or controling. Speaking of which, does he know where you live?" Pidge nodded and Keith thought for a moment before continuing,"Then you should probably not go home immediately, you could stay at my place tonight,if that is okay with you?"

     Pidge nodded and Keith offered her a hand up. She took it and the two walked down the hall, not knowing that true love had planted its first blossom.