Chapter 2: A Hot Mess

Hey! So this is from Keith's point of view! Also, I know that Voltron ends next season, so I was wondering if you want me to continue after or stop. Comment down below and thank you again! (P.S. I will write another story that I have been working on, so you would still hear from me anyway.)

Keith was ushered into the castle by two girls, one on each arm. He hated being touched and was not used to this type of treatment. They were giving him goo-goo eyes! Lance was loving this, and everyone else was an awkward mess.

They were in new formal wear and they entered a big ballroom. People were dancing and having a good time, and at the other end of the hall was a gorgeous woman with flowing blonde hair, a dress that could have been water it was so flowy, and a voice like honey.

"Let them through," The queen said. Lance, Hunk, and even Allura were all captivated by her beauty, and the crowd parted. They walked through and bowed to the queen. "Paladins. I am so honored you could make it I-" Hsilbup whispered in her ear. "Ah, that is a shame. It is better to nip them in the bud I say. As I was saying, I am honored you could make it. We have a side room that we can talk in more privately and then we can enjoy the ball," The queen locked eyes with Keith. Everyone else thought they were the most beautiful they had ever seen, but Keith wasn't that impressed. 

The queen's eyes were an electric blue, and Lance said he could see the ocean in them. Keith found himself confused. Her eyes were quite pretty, but he kept imagining another, more heartwrenching pair. An amber pair that shone like glass through tears, burned like fire through anger, and locking eyes with them was a suicide mission. He couldn't quite place whose eyes they were. The group talked and then were released into the ball.

"Where's Pidge?" Keith asked Lance.

"Probably hiding in a corner on her computer," Lance said.

"But she was talking with us," Keith said.

"Yes she was, she is always quiet," Lance said and he walked off flirting with a girl. Keith wasn't convinced. He walked up to the queen and bowed.

"Your majesty, may I be excused for just a moment? My dog is on the ship and he needs to be walked," Keith said.

"Of course, just go back the way you came out. You can take as long as you like," The queen said. Keith silently left the party. He got out and went to the castle. He walked onto the bridge and turned on the tracker, that showed the locations of the paladins at any given time. 

"Why is Pidge way out of town?" Keith asked Kosmo, looking at her position. "Kosmo? Can you take me there?"

Then, poof, Keith was at the top of a hill and he saw a bunch of children playing in a huge mud pit. He couldn't see Pidge, but they stopped when they saw him. One wipe the mud off of her eyes and Keith locked eyes with the amber eyes he remembered. Then they all ran into the forest in fear.