Chapter 2: Another Soulmate AU

"Katie is your real name?" Keith asked.

"What do you mean by that Shiro?" Lance asked.

"She hates her soulmate," Shiro laughed.

"Not true Shiro. They are just a waste of time," Pidge said still looking at her computer. "Besides, what is the point now? Mine is most likely in Texas,"

"How do you know that?" Hunk asked. Pidge said nothing, instead of talking, a small, cartoonish, red bull ran up her neck and onto her cheek.

"I think I have a pretty good idea," Pidge said and the bull ran back down her neck.

"What was that?" Shiro asked.

"Wait, I thought you had seen her mark," Hunk said.

"No, I have only see the bull that runs around her. She has more to her mark, at least that is what I've heard from her brother," Shiro said. Pidge tensed up and everyone saw.

"Pidge?" Keith asked.

"It's nothing. At least nothing I can't fix," Pidge said. She, of course, was talking about finding her family, which the others didn't know yet.

"Shiro, what is your mark?" Lance asked. Shiro showed them the back of his hand. On it was a dark brown and orange jet, with light blue wind around it.

"This is mine, but I have already found my soulmate," Shiro said.

"What's her name!" Hunk asked.

"His name is Adam,"

"Oh, sorry," Hunk said.

"No big deal," Shiro smiled. "You had no idea, and that happens a lot,"

"So your soulmate like rocks, yours loves space or something, mine likes mice, and Pidge won't tell us anything,"

"For Peetz sake, fine..." Pidge said. She pulled her sweatshirt over her head, she had a tank on and she showed them her mark. It was just a bunch of black, white, and red swirls, in a fan pattern. Then the bull charged across her collarbone and went to the fan and reared up. She put her sweatshirt back on.

"How is that Texas? It could be Spain, there is a bull run there. Lots of places have bulls," Hunk asked.

"He rears up and runs faster when he sees the Texas flag," Pidge said. She set her computer aside.

"So, how do you guys think you are going to meet your soulmate?" Hunk asked.

"I think we will meet them when we save the universe and Earth and we see them in the crowd," Lance said. They droned on talking about soulmates and stuff, and Pidge was tired of it. She got back on her computer and leaned on the end of the lounge couch.

//Time skip//

Pidge was still up, typing away, trying to find her family. She looked at everyone else. Lance, Hunk, and Shiro were dead fast asleep, Keith was still up though. Pidge crawled over to her actual spot, which was a lit ways away from Keith. Pidge sat down and started to type again. 

Suddenly her computer was closed. Pidge looked up to see Keith crouching in front of her, his hand on the top of her computer, and a soft smile on his face. Pidge watched as he sat down next to her.

"Do you ever go to sleep Pidge?" Keith joked.

"You're awake too may I point out," 

"Touche," Keith said. He turned toward her a little. "Hey, are you okay. You tensed up when Shiro mentioned your brother, did something happen between you two?"

"No, nothing happened between us," Pidge said.

"Something happened, you did not seem okay," Keith said.

"My father was Commander Holt. He and my brother were on the Kerberos mission. I am the only one Earth who still believes that they are alive. When I got the Voltron message, I was using a communication system that let me talk to them on missions without the Garrison knowing. I am going to find them--" Pidge stopped Keith was starting to fall asleep. 

His eyes flickered closed and he slumped against her shoulder. Pidge continues to type. As the night went on, Keith ended up wrapping his arms around Pidge, still leaning on her. Pidge put her computer aside and she leaned into Keith and fell asleep.