Chapter 3: Rock a Bye Bottom

It had been a month that Pidge had been trapped by the Galra. A month of fake designs that had to appear real. A month of planning escape. Finally the time of freedom had come. She had Iebyll strapped to her back using some old bandages she had gotten, and she was ready to leave.

     Pidge was in fairly good condition, she was a bit scared up though. Her arms had had to be wrapped in bandages because of cuts all along it. She walked out of her room, and walked into the landing platform. 

     A guard walked by and she pretending to inspect the nearest ship. He walked by and she was left alone in the room. She climbed into the ship and waited for the signal.

   Then the bay doors opened and Pidge looked up a the command room. The Galra there gave her the thumbs up and a warm smile. The Blade, Pidge thought. Pidge had just started up the ship when the alarms started ringing. Quiznak they found out, Pidge cursed under her breath. She fly the ship out and she tried to avoid the on coming fire from the Galra fleet. 

    The bay doors opened behind her and more and more Galra ships started to fire and chase her. No matter what she did she couldn't shake them. Pidge flew straight towards a nearby gas giant desperate to lose the Galra. She expected to hit rock or some sort of core but she just flew straight through the planet. 

(Back with paladins. They had to lock Keith up so he wouldn't just charge in to try and save Pidge)

     "The Galra fleet is attacking a single Galra fighter." Allura said, looking at the map. 

     "Pidge." Keith whispered from the corner he was tied to. "Guys! It's Pidge! It has to be!"

     "Keith. I know you miss Pidge. We all do, but we don't know if she is alive." Shiro said, trying to sooth Keith. Keith spit on the ground in front of Shrio

     "Is that what Pidge said when everyone thought you,Matt,and Samuel were dead? No. SHe believed. You should be ashamed that you are turning your back on her."

    "What is your deal!?!" Allura asked in an agitated voice. Lance and Hunk walked into the chaotic room and joined the conversation

    "I'll tell you.Keith has a secret crush on Pidge. So secret, not even he himself knows about it." Lance said making dramatic motions. Keith had had it. Not only were they turning their backs on a team member, but the one team member who never gave up on them. 

    Shiro angered him because he gave up on Pidge in a month when Pidge believe he was alive for years after he went missing.  Lance had the nerve to joke about this. Hunk didn't have the guts to speak up. Coran and Allura acted as if she was a pawn, a price of war, not a human.

    Keith's anger only grew in the next few seconds. He could feel his Galra side rising and he roared, breaking the handcuffs. Everyone was jumped back in surprize, and he silently stood up, panting. He raised his head and gave everyone a death glare that was truly something to fear. He stomped over to the command area and he started contact the Blade. Thrace appeared on the screen.

    "Any updates on the Green Paladin." Keith said through gritted teeth.

    "The Green Paladin escaped Galra custody three clicks ago." Thrace reported.

    "Thank you." Keith said.

     "But Keith, she's with a child." Thrace added. Everyone stared at the Galra. "A female soldier was found with child and was brought before Zarkon. The mother was killed, but before the child was, Pidge begged to let her take of it. She had to work for them however, but our men on the inside say she is a great actor and has been feeding them fake plans for a month."

     Keith let out a sigh of relief at the explanation. Lance heard and nudged Hunk and the two started chuckling. Keith hung up, and a Shiro wiped the shock off his face.

    "I'm an uncle?" Shiro said. 

     "We are uncles!" Lance said leaning on Shiro, "Except for Keith, he's the father." Keith's face turned red at the thought and Lance laughed. "Yep, the blush proves it!" Everyone was really excited and they were running around in happiness. 

    Suddenly a Galra fighter entered their radar, but it was the only one. Allura zoomed in to she Pidge in the pilot's chair and Allura rushed to open the bay door. Keith was the first one to make to the landing platform and when he saw Pidge he lifted her up and spun her in joy. He set her down and held her close, until she went on her tiptoes and gave him a peck on the cheek. 

     Keith looked down at the girl, and smiling, he pulled her into a kiss. That, of course, is when the others arrived. Loud fangirl sounds from Lance caused the two to part and they joined the others. Pidge hugged everyone and caused Hunk and Coran to burst into tears. 

     "Guys. I would like you to meet Iebyll." Pidge said after a while and she took the Galrian girls off her back. After everyone had seen the child, Hunk and Lance went to go make dinner. Allura, Coran, and Shiro went to bridge, and Keith, took Pidge to the lounge to just talk. 

   "Here." Pidge said, handing Iebyll to Keith. He smiled as he held his girls, knowing that now had a real family now.