Chapter 1: Sleepy Head

Sorry about the 4-day delay. Thank you all so much for the reads! I love seeing your comments and finding out where you guys are from...I even made a super map of every country that has had someone that has read my story! Enjoy and keep reading!

"Another training exercise?" Pidge groaned. 

"Yes, but this time we are going to put you with someone you don't hate, and see how well you work together. Lance, you are going with Hunk. Pidge with Keith. We have the firing drone system set up in the training room," Allura said, "So let's go,"

The team walked into the training room, now in their armor. The drones were in two circles. Lance and Hunk chatted about what they were going to do and other random topics. Pidge and Keith silently entered their circle. Keith took out his sword and Pidge took out only her shield. Lance and Hunk walked into their circle, they both had their bayards and shields out.

"Ready. Set," Shiro said. "Go!" The drones began to fire. Pidge ran around Keith protecting him from the fire. Keith attacked the drones. They fell down and the two stood there bored. 

Hunk and Lance were so busy protecting each other they couldn't attack. They ended up being blasted and they failed. 

"How did you do that!" Lance demanded Keith. "You two didn't even talk!"

"No need," Keith said bluntly.

"What does that mean!"

"He does have a point. Why was there no need?" Allura asked. Keith opened his mouth but Pidge cut him off.

"We just did our jobs," Pidge said. Keith closed his mouth and nodded. Lance looked between them in disbelief.

"What jobs!" Lance asked.

"Arms of Voltron," Pidge said, "He has the sword, I have the shield," 

"I attack. She defends," Keith said. 

"Again. And this time you need to talk," Allura said and they started the exercise over again, doing it the same way, and Hunk and Lance doing it their way.

"So, we have to talk," Pidge said deflecting a beam.

"Talk about what? They never specified," Keith said taking down one of the drones.

"Don't know," Pidge said. They went on like this for about five minutes, a drone coming after one fell.

"If you need a break we can always stop," Keith said as he stood behind Pidge, as she defending him from the last drone. Keith jumped in front of her and walked toward the drone, deflecting the blasts.

"I have been awake for the past 36 hours. I could do this all day," Pidge said. Keith whipped around taking down the last robot.

"How long?" Kieth asked, a little anger in his voice. He stepped towards her.

"Why?" Pidge asked standing firm.

"Go. To. Bed," Keith said.

"Make me," Pidge said defiantly. She then realized that Keith was about to when he raised an eyebrow like 'try me'. Keith took another step towards her. That is when the other paladins looked over.

Pidge ran for it. Keith chased after her.

"Pidge! Come back! You are going to bed!" Keith said as he chased her. They had both left their helmets in the training room. 

Pidge ran into the lounge and she vaulted over the couch. Keith jumped off the couch and tackled her. Pidge turned and was now on top of Keith, struggling to pry his hand off her waist. Keith reached one of his hands around and cover her eyes. Both her hands flew up to try and uncover them.

"Keith let go! Keith! K-ei-th..." Pidge trailed off. Her grip went lose and her hands now rested on her chest. "Keith," she whispered before she fell asleep. Keith sighed and relaxed. He sat up and looked at the Pidge in his lap. 

"Keith! Pidge! Where are you guys!" Hunk called jogging in. Kieth held up one finger to his smiling mouth and Hunk realized and tiptoed over. "She is out, what happened?"

"She let it slip that she hadn't slept in 36 hours. I told her to go to bed and she replied with 'make me'. Then she realized I was about to and she ran. All I did was cover her eyes for a second," Keith said softly.

"You going to tell her?" Hunk whispered.

"Tell her what?"

"I saw the way you just looked at her. You can't-fool me,"

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Keith said confused.

"You will," Hunk smiled.