Chapter 1: Red and Blue

"I can too!" Keith shouted at Lance.

"Can not!" Lance shouted back.

"I'm better at it than you!"

"Yeah right!" Lance yelled. Shiro walked into the room and looked at Hunk who was sitting nearby for an explanation. He walked over to Hunk, coffee in one hand and rubbing his hand with the other.

"What is it about this time?"

"Lance said that he was the only one that could actually flirt, and Keith said that he was wrong and that he could flirt better,"

"I am right and you are wrong!" Keith said.

"Oh yeah! Prove it!"

"I will!" Keith said.

"How are you going to do that?" Hunk asked. Both boys just stopped and stared at him.

"Shoot that's true," Keith said.

"I got it!" Lance said. "I will flirt with the Princess and you will flirt with Pidge and whoever gets the girl first is the best flirter!" Keith and Lance glared at each other again.

"But isn't that just cruel to them, I mean you are using them and don't actually like them," Hunk said.

"I wouldn't say that," Keith said continuing to glare at Lance.

"What?" Hunk said confused.

"He's got a point," Lance said. "Pidge huh? Would not have pegged you for that one,"

"Says you. Is it a deal?" Keith asked. Lance put out his hand Keith shook it and they stomped off in different directions.

"This is not good," Shiro said. "Not good at all,"

"Yeah, no kidding," Hunk said. Keith stomped off to his room, closing the door behind him.

"He will see. I will prove him wrong. I will- wait. What did I just agree to?" Keith asked himself pacing in his room. "It doesn't matter. I am not about to back out now,"

//Time skip the next day//

Pidge walked into the kitchen that morning, totally unaware of the events from the previous night. Lance was standing next to Allura using every cheesy pickup line in existence. So a normal day. Pidge grabbed her goo and sat down next to Keith who was unusually silent.

Everyone seemed on edge as if they were expecting something to happen. Keith even seemed nervous. Pidge finished breakfast at the same general time that everyone else did. Keith stood up and grabbed his dishes, also taking Pidge's dishes as well.

"What are you doing?" Pidge asked. Keith was acting weird.

"Putting your dishes away for you," Keith said putting the dishes in the dishwasher. "I can be nice sometimes you know," Keith smiled.

"Yeah, but it's morning," Pidge said bluntly. Keith chuckled.

"So?"

"So?! It's morning?" Pidge said. "You are acting weird," Keith was about to reply when Shiro walked into the room.

"Okay, so today we need to get some stuff done around the castle," Shiro said."You can go to whatever group you want, and or trade groups but stuff has to get done," Everyone was looking at him now. Keith was leaning on the corner next Pidge. "So Pidge, I need you to go through the manuals and reports. Anyone can join her. We also need to get the ballroom cleaned up-"

"-I can get that," Allura said.

"I'll join her," Lance said.

Shiro nodded, "We need to clean the pods-"

"I can get those," Coran said.

"We need to organize the Kitchen-"

"I call dibs!" Hunk said.

"And I will run through the training room systems. Remember you can switch at any time, but all of that needs to get done," Shiro said. Everyone left the room.

Keith was the last one to leave. He walked to the bridge. It was dimly lit and stacks of paper covered the room. Pidge was on the floor with papers sprawled around.

"Need some help?" Keith asked. Pidge jumped and looked up at him.

"Oh it's you, you gave me a heart attack," Pidge said. "Yeah, you can help but it is going to take hours and hours to finish and it will be boring. Are you sure you want to help?"

"Yeah," Keith said sitting on the steps in front of her starting to filter through the papers.