Switch

Alastor x Reader

Your Perspective

     I was in my room at the hotel. I got a knock on my door. I opened it to reveal Alastor. We were pretty good friends.

"Hello, my dearest! I came here to test a certain spell that I have been working on. Would you mind being my test subject?"

"Uuhh...sure. I don't see why not."

He walked in and shut the door behind him.

"All right my sweetness! Stand right there and I will stand here."

We stood at opposite ends of the room. He then began to chant and say weird words that I didn't understand. Then everything started to get blurry and I was getting dizzy. From what I could see, Alastor was starting to feel the same way. We both looked at each other and then everything went black...

...

I woke up to someone saying my name. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I was still processing what happened and if I'm even at the same place I was before. Then I saw the person...it was me. ME!?

"What the fuck!"

I yelled and grabbed my mouth because I sounded like...Alastor. I felt like I was in a whole new world. Breathing felt different and so did talking. Moving around was like a baby learning how to walk. I was not used to my new body structure. My mind couldn't comprehend it. I felt like I should say something but it would feel so weird.

"How long were we out?"

I asked Alastor who was sitting next to me on the floor. He looked like he was struggling too. You feel like you're not you. Which is kinda true at this point. We switched bodies. He finally answered.

"Not long, 30 minutes or so."

He frowned and held his throat. His brain was not used to sending signals to an entirely new form. We sat for hours. We stood up sometimes as if to practice how to maneuver in the new body. Alastor finally spoke.

"I don't know how long we will be like this. I have never done this before so I don't know how to fix it yet. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. My spell backfired."

I looked at him in my form.

"It's ok Alastor. It's not your fault. Accidents happen. I'm sure you will figure it out."

We stood up and looked in my full-body mirror. I touched my new face. It was smooth and soft and I can smell my new hair. It smelt of cinnamon. Alastor poked around in his new form. He was very intrigued.

"All right," he said, "let's practice being one another. First off, smile!"

I did the best smile I could. It was lopsided and kinda sad.

"No no no, dear, smile more menacingly."

I slowly stopped smiling and sat for a moment. Then a smile popped right up into a very sinister grin. Alastor seemed surprised but also impressed. I straightened my poster and folded my arms behind my back like Alastor normally does. I looked just like him. I was getting the hang of this.

I looked at him and he sat there wondering what to do. I looked at him just as he would and said,

"Don't need to smile all the time in my body. Think of it as a nice break."

Despite what I said he smiled. I think he was just happy he could relax and not worry about keeping up with his usual behavior. We walked out of the room in full character. We were doing good. Then I had to pee...
Alastor and I went somewhere private.

"I really need to pee."

"Well then go pe-"

He cut himself off at the realization.

"Just don't look at it."

He whispered yelled in what seemed to be a flustered state. I did as tolled and went to the restroom the best I could. I came back and Alastor was reading something on my phone. I came over and sat down.

"What are you reading?"

"Something about a true loves kiss. It can break any spell."

He looked at me with what seemed to be anticipation. I gave in to it.

"Maybe we can try it?"

"Sure"

He said quietly and we got closer. And closer. And then our lips touched. A spike of electricity shot through us.

...

We were back to normal. Alastor said something that made sense after the way he has been acting lately.

"I love you."

"I love you too."