Death Day

Alastor x Reader

Requested by: OliviaRzucidlo4973

Your Perspective

Every year demons experience their death again. Kinda like a fucked up birthday. My death day is today. I hate the way I died. I died by drowning. I hide it. After all, it is a very slow painful death. I will have to experience the feeling of my lungs being filled with water all over again today. It's one of hells punishments. You have to relive your death on the exact same day and time every year. It's grueling. I always make sure I am alone when the time comes. I also try to be in the shower so I don't get things wet. The water just flows out of my lungs and out my mouth during the process. It's terrible.

...

I laughed at Alastor's dad jokes. He is really good at them. He always seems to have one up his sleeve. He would be a great father. I mean he is a great boyfriend. I'm getting sidetracked. We were at his house sitting on his couch. I'm thinking about moving in some time. I hope he will like the idea. We have been dating for a year now. I'm just too afraid to ask. Worried he would say no. Alastor snapped me out of my thought. He sighed.

"Dear. I've been wondering. Would you like to move in with me?"

I was surprised he asked. Then laughed thinking about how I was too nervous to ask and here he was asking me. He seemed nervous when I laughed. I spoke up.

"I would love to, Alastor."

His smile grew and we began to kiss. I was so lost in our conversation and kiss that I lost track of time. As the clock ticked to that exact time, I began to feel like I couldn't breathe. Thinking I just needed to part from the kiss for air, I pulled back. But I still couldn't breathe. Then I saw it. I felt it. I was there again. Drowning.

Alastor's Perspective

(Y/n) pulled back for what seemed like for air. But then they looked a little panicked. Then they seemed lost in a daze. I was a little worried. But then water came spewing out of their mouth. The water went everywhere as they struggled to breathe because water wouldn't stop filling their lungs. I was panicking, not knowing what was going on. But then it hit me. They were experiencing their death again. They have never talked about their death. It was always a secret. But now that I see it for myself I understand why. The horrid noises of gargling and the pure panic and suffering in their eyes. I could do nothing. All I could do was watch the horrific scene unfold. As a couple of minutes went by the water began to stop spewing out of their lungs. They were still trying to breathe. Water still seemed to be in there. I took my hand and hit their back hard. They coughed up what was left of the water. They were wheezing, breathing in and out heavily. They began to cry hysterically. I comforted them the best I could. We were both pretty shaken up from the situation. I never thought death by drowning was so gruesome. Just imagine the feeling of no air and hopelessness. The thought of not being able to do anything. Not being in control...