Nightmares

Alastor x Female Reader

Requested by: AllisonTart

Alastor's Perspective

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked around and panicked for a moment. But then I realized I was staying at the hotel for some business. I sighed. Tired. A bit shook up. I got out of the bed and put some clothes on. I don't wear much to bed. Once I was done, I went on a hunt to find my sweet love, (y/n). I wandered around a bit, then realized she had to be in the library. She likes that place. I don't blame her. It's calm and peaceful in there. No one really goes in there because it's a library. But that just makes it so much nicer. I walked into the Library and found my love looking at the books. I didn't question why she was up so late. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. She jumped a little, but calmed down when she saw my hand. I buried my face in her neck and breathed her lovely scent. I sighed once again.

"What's wrong Alastor?"

I didn't say anything.

"Is it those nightmares again?"

I tighten my grip around her instinctively. She seemed to have taken that as a yes.

She takes me to the couch and lays me down. I lay my head on her lap and hold her hand.

"It was just a dream Alastor. I'm not going anywhere. Vox and Valentino can't take me away from you, my love."

She puts her hand on my cheek and caresses it. She smiles. I lean into her warm comforting touch. I smile back. I broke the silence.

"Can you sing for me? I don't want to lose my reason to smile."

She begins to sing my favorite lullaby. The heavenly voice begins to soothe me to sleep. I try holding on, but it was too strong. I fell asleep.

Your Perspective

I looked up hearing the door to the library. I see the group looking in. I put my finger to my mouth and begin to sing again.