Don't Hide From Me

Alastor x Non-binary Reader

Requested by: Hazbin_Skittlez

I feel bad for hiding things from Alastor. But I'm worried that he will be upset or disappointed that I'm non-binary. Only Charlie, Vaggie, and Angel know. The others knowing could lead to Alastor finding out. I make my way down the stars and greet Charlie in the lobby.

"Hey, Charlie."

"Oh! Hey (y/n)! I wanted to speak  with you."

"You did? Ok."

We went to her office. Vaggie was in there. We sat down.

"We just wanted to check up on you."

Charlie spoke sweetly.

"I'm fine, thank you."

Vaggie spoke up.

"I've been thinking we should tell Alastor you're non-binary. Of course, you don't have to. But hear me out."

I felt a bit nervous, but I nodded for her to continue.

"If you do tell Alastor, and he is upset and unsupportive, you should probably leave him. If he refuses to understand, then I feel like he isn't the right one for you. I know I probably don't have a say in such a thing. I'm just worried about you. You deserve respect and support."

I understood where she was coming from.

"I know. I just love him so much. I'm scared to tell him."

"I know, (y/n). But Charlie and I are here for you. We will help you every step of the way."

Charlie nodded in agreement. They are too sweet.

"Are you willing to try?"

I thought about Charlie's words. Am I ready? I will never know if I try.

I nodded slowly. They both smiled.

"Come on, let's go try."

Charlie grabbed my hand and lead the way to find Alastor. Vaggie followed. We eventually found him wondering around the hotel in deep thought. He stopped and looked at us.

"Darling?"

Alastor sounded concerned.

"Yes, Alastor?"

Charlie let go of my hand and stood back next to Vaggie watching what was happening.

"Am I not paying attention to you enough?"

I was surprised he was asking me this question. Where did this come from? What does he mean?

"What do you mean?"

"Angel and I got into an argument. He said that I should pay attention to you more. To understand more of who you are. What did he mean, my love? Is their something I don't know? Am I doing something wrong?"

"There is something you don't know. That's why we came to find you. To tell you."

He nodded slowly and waited for me to continue. I could tell he was nervous for what I might say.

"I've been hiding something from you because I was scared how you would react."

His eyes went wide.

"Alastor... I... umm.."

He looked hurt that I could hardly look at him and say what I needed to say. I looked and Vaggie and Charlie. They smiled and reassured me. Then they began to walk away to give us privacy. I was scared but didn't stop them. I need to do this.

"Darling. You can tell me anything."

He spoke softly. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I sob slightly. I could tell he hated the fact that I struggled to open up to him. I hated it too.

"I... I'm... non-binary."

I said it. I closed my eyes. I was shaking. Tears flowed down my cheeks. What will he say?

"My love, I do not fully understand what that means, but I love you no matter what. I want to support you in every way I can. I will make sure you opening up to me like this will never be so hard ever again."

I began to cry more and hugged him. He held me tight.

"Please don't be afraid to talk to me, my love."

I felt so relieved. I calmed down and relaxed into his lean stature.

We were in Alastor's hotel room. We sat on his arm chair cuddling. He listened intently as I explained non-binary to him. He smiled softly down at me rubbing my back comfortingly.

"Do you understand Alastor?"

"Yes, I do. I will support anyway I can, my love. I hope you trust me and are more comfortable with talking to me now."

"I am, Alastor. Thank you so much. I love you, Alastor."

"I love you too, sweetheart."