Thunder Storm

Human Alastor x Pregnant Female Reader

Requested by: AllisonTart

Your Perspective

I was cooking dinner. It should be finished when my husband comes home. I looked out the kitchen window above the sink. It was gray and gloomy outside. I really hope it doesn't storm. I went back to making dinner. I couldn't wait for Alastor to come back from work. I just wanted to kiss his face and smoosh it with mine. Then I jumped at the sound of thunder. I dropped a spoon. I felt anxious and I needed to hide. I found the walk-in pantry and hid in there. I covered one of my ears and held my belly with my other hand. I heard rain hit the roof aggressively. The thunder rumbled. Amongst the thundering and lightning, I heard my husband call out to me. He was looking for me. He must have seen the empty kitchen with unfinished dinner because he sounded more worried. I whimpered and shook hearing more thunder. Alastor seemed to hear me and open the pantry door. He spoke, concerned.

"Sweetheart, why are you hiding in the pantry? You worried me."

He came in and hugged me. He held me to his warm strong chest. He made me feel safe and happy. I stopped shaking. But I jumped and shook again from another boom of thunder. I cried slightly. Alastor rubbed my back soothingly.

"Shhh, darling. I'm here, my love. Don't worry."

I breathed a shaky sigh. I felt much better with him here. It was then I noticed the power had gone out. As I was about to say something, it came back on. I looked up at Alastor and kissed his cheek. He seemed very delighted by his reward and achievement of making me feel safe. I sighed again. He rubbed my belly. His hand was warm.

"I love you, my sweethearts."

I smiled and giggled a little because he also mentioned the baby that's soon to be born.

"We love you too, handsome."

I made sure to stroke his ego for helping me. He was riding the high of my compliments. He grabbed my hand and led us out of the pantry.

"Dinner is almost done. I just need to do a few more things."

He nodded.

"May I help you, darling?"

It seemed to be more of an undeniable offer than a question because he was going to help me no matter what I said. As he was helping me put together the plates he spoke.

"You know I will always be here to protect you and our child, my love."

I smiled softly.

"I know. You are too sweet."

He giggled heartily.