Hit of Fear

Alastor x Reader

Requested anonymously

Your Perspective

I woke up to loud sounds outside. It was 2:32 am. I looked at the window and saw lightning strike and heard thunder roar. I felt fear shoot through me. It was as if I was hit with fear. My heart was beating incredibly fast. It hurt. I was struggling to breathe. I never did like thunder and lightning. It would have been nice to be warned about the storm that's happening. Unfortunately, hell's weather was kinda unpredictable. I silently cried. I felt rustling next to me. I opened my eyes. Alastor seemed to have sensed something because he stirred awake. He looked at me and immediately pulled me into his chest. He lightly scratched my back with his fingers. He held me tight and kissed me all over my face.

"My love, why are you crying? I don't like it when you cry."

Through small sobs and sniffs, I answered.

"I just don't like storms."

He kissed me gently and pushed our bodies closer. He hummed softly as he ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my scalp soothingly. His other hand traced swirls on my back. I could hear his heartbeat. It drowned out all the loud noises outside. His chest vibrated with his humming and I felt like I was floating. I smiled softly and thought about how lucky I am to have Alastor. His humming slowed down and he whispered in my ear.

"I love you, sweetheart."

I kissed his chest.

"I love you too, Al. Thank you."

"You're welcome, my love."

I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.