Too Late

Human Alastor x Ex-Wife Reader

Requested by: icebearisaagnle

Your Perspective

"You know what Alastor, we are done. I'm sick and tired of you leaving in the middle of the night!"

He has been leaving while I'm asleep. He would be gone till three in the morning.

"Darling, I swear I'm not cheating or anything of that sort."

He sounded desperate, but I was tired of waiting and wondering and worrying when he would leave.

"It doesn't matter if you are cheating on me or not Alastor! You are obviously doing something!"

"Darling, you know I wouldn't harm you or anyone you love, just please don't leave me."

He was on the verge of tears.

"What does that even mean! What have you been doing when you leave! Are you a hitman or something!"

"No, darling, just please I beg of you, don't leave me."

He was now crying. After all these years of sneaking out at night and he thinks I'm going to trust him now.

"I can't trust you Alastor! We. Are. Over."

I've never seen a man cry so hard before. He went on his hands and knees. But it was too late. I was done.

...

10 Year's Later

Alastor's Perspective

I was walking around with no real direction. I was just wandering around. Then I spotted this lovely house with children playing outside in the front yard. They were in a more private area. The children seemed to be having fun. Then the front door opened. It revealed...(y/n)... She called out for them and told them it was time for lunch. A man's head popped out and smiled as the kids ran in. She really did move on. She started a family. One that I probably wouldn't have done a good job of doing. I didn't deserve her anyway. She will always be the woman I love. But she will never love me the same ever again. It was too late to fix things. It was too late to start over. She really is the only woman I will ever love. And I'm glad she's happy. With someone that could treat her better than I ever could.

One of the children turned around and looked at me while the others left inside. They smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back with a tear falling down my cheek...knowing it was too late.