Very Cute

Alastor x Autistic Reader

Requested by: httpssoftmelody

Alastor's Perspective

I noticed something about our new hotel guest. They were a bit different I suppose. It didn't bother me of course, but it interested me on why they seemed more subjective. They always had these little toys on them. One of them is a small stuffed animal. Sometimes they had a little fidget toy. It kinda reminded me of a child. Not in a bad way of course. I think they had these on them for some sort of comfort or distraction. It seemed to keep them happy and occupied. They were kinda cute, to be honest. Very cute. I've never thought I would enjoy watching someone doing such small things like play with a toy. I liked them. They seemed very nice. They were also very quiet. Now that I think about it, I have never heard them speak. So, I went to Charlie and asked if there was something different about them that I was missing. When I asked, I also realized I didn't know their name. Charlie spoke.

"Yes. (Y/n) is different. They are Autistic."

She gently smiled at me. I nodded and thanked her. I also learned their name. (Y/n).

I found them sitting at the bar playing games on their phone. They were very immersed in the game. I sat next to them. They noticed and started to fidget in their seat. I think I made them nervous. Not just because I was the Radio Demon, but because they didn't know me. We never properly introduced ourselves to each other. I spoke calmly. I decided to set aside my usual loud character.

"Hello, dear. What are you playing?"

They glanced at me and nervously showed me their phone.

"Mind telling me about the game?"

They nodded. They began to show me them playing the game. They did not speak. I sat quietly and watched them play. I had a small smile on my face. I felt relaxed. Like I didn't have to put on some mask. I didn't know what was going on entirely in the game, but it did seem like they were winning. I giggled a little.

"I may not know exactly what's going on in the game, but it does look like you are winning."

The game ended after I said that. They did win. They smiled and slowly looked at me. They seemed less tense around me. I'm glad. I wanted them to feel just as relaxed as I did. They began to try and hand me the phone. I for some reason forgot how to grab things because I was holding it weirdly. They laughed at my confusion and embarrassment. They grabbed the phone and put it in my hands correctly. They tapped start on the game. I panicked not knowing exactly how to play it. I did some of the things I watched them do but despite that, I was clueless. They watched as I failed the game. I looked at them with a bewildered smile. They smiled gently at me and patted my shoulder. I think they were trying to comfort me. How adorable. They took the phone. After a few seconds, the phone was back in my hands. I looked at the screen. It was the tutorial. They watched as I followed the tutorial. I wasn't the greatest but it was just the tutorial. I would learn eventually.

...

I strolled to the bar where (y/n) usually sat. But when I got there, they weren't there. I looked around and found Charlie.

"Charlie, have you seen (y/n)?"

(Y/n) and I have been meeting at the bar for a few weeks now. We would always try new games on their phone. We would even play hide and seek in the hotel. They were a lot better at hiding than I thought they would be. I felt fuzzy thinking about all the fun little things we would do.

"Yes, I have. I saw them go into the staff bathroom."

I nodded and thanked her. I went to the staff bathroom and waited around the area for them to finish. I started to get a bad feeling though. I went to the door and knocked. I heard a hmm from them as if to ask what I wanted.

"Are you alright in there, darling?"

They responded with an mhm. But I heard a sniffle.

"Can I come in, darling?"

No response. I slowly opened the door. They were on the floor crying. They had their head buried in their knees. I felt some sort of pain in my heart. I crouched down in front of them.

"Darling? What's wrong? I hate to see you so upset."

They sniffled more. They slowly looked up at me with tears running down their soft cheeks. I reached my hand out to them but they flinch. I decided to pull away. They looked at the floor. I began to frown. It felt weird. But I was hurt. I was worried I did something wrong. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm always getting myself into trouble.

"Sweetheart, did I do something wrong?"

Their eyes looked up at me. They looked surprised when they saw me. I think it was because I wasn't smiling. They looked down and frowned more.

"Alastor..."

I almost gasped. I have never heard them speak before. They spoke so softly.

"(Y/n)..."

I almost whispered as if I was afraid I would blow them away in the wind. They looked up at me again with a little frown. They spoke again.

"Do you hate me?"

My eyes widened. They looked like they were about to burst out crying when they asked.

"No no no! Darling, what makes you think I hate you?"

I was hurt that they thought I disliked them.

They sighed.

"I had a dream. You said you didn't like me anymore. That you hated me."

Another tear rolled down their precious face. I used my thumb to wipe away the tear. They didn't flinch when I reached for them this time.

"Sweetheart, that was just a dream. I could never hate you."

"Why should I believe you. You are probably using me anyway."

Something told me Vaggie was talking to them about me.

"What? No. I would never use you like that."

They were silent.

"I love you, sweetheart."

They looked up at me in shock. They tackled me in a hug. They held me very tight. I could barely breathe. They were quite strong.

"I love you too, Alastor."

"You're cute you know that. Very cute."

They looked at my face and smiled brightly. My smile grew big.

"There's that smile, sweetheart. Look, you are making me smile."

They giggled at the thought.