The Gamer

Alastor x Male Gamer Reader

Requested by: KomodoRaven

Alastor's Perspective

A new guest arrived at the hotel. He began to move into his room. I watched as he brought in interesting machines. There were small curved TVs and box things that looked like they could light up. He even brought in what looked like to be controllers and mouses for computers. Were the computers the small curved TVs? Then he brought in a massive TV. I watched in awe and disgust at all the technology he was bringing in. Was all that for him? He seemed to have brought in the last of his things. I followed him to his room as he was carrying a box. He walked into his room and unpacked the box and put the items in their respective places. I watched at his doorway. I knew he knew I was there. He didn't seem to mind my curiosity though. Or my presence. He finished unpacking. He turned and looked at me. He spoke.

"Alastor, right? I'm (y/n). Did you need anything?"

"Yes, that is me. Nice to meet you. And no. I was just curious about all the technology you brought in. Like, what is that rainbow glowing box thing?"

He laughed a little at my question.

"That's the computer. It connects to these small screens to make them work. The small screens are called monitors."

I nodded slowly in confusion but understanding what he said.

"Why do you have all these electronics?"

He smiled and answered happily.

"I have all these so I can play all sorts of games. I like variety. Playing video games opens up a whole new world. You learn so much. You get to feel with the characters or enjoy the beautiful story the game has to offer. It passes time down here. You should try it sometime."

His eyes seemed to light up when he was describing the games. He seemed to hold back on all the things he could have said about it.

"Well, I appreciate the offer, but no. I have no interest in such things. They are a waste of time. What do you even do? Beat bosses all day?"

He seemed to get a little offended and concerned.

"No. Some games are like that though. Video games are not just beating bosses. It's about experiencing a story and feeling what the game has to offer. Again, some games don't have a story. Some are just games you try and get a high score on. They don't have a story. They are just for competitive purposes. Personally, I like games with a story. Games that teach lessons. Or don't. Just something cool to experience and watch. I also love games where you create your own story. I'm glad I'm part of the gaming community. But of course, you don't have to try it out if you don't want to."

He smiled at me gently. The way he described the games was interesting. He seemed very nice. I gave in.

"Fine. I will try one of your games. Better be a good one."

His smile seemed to grow. He picked a game and put it on.

He began to teach me the controls in the tutorial. It took me three hours, but he said I was good enough to play the actual game. Once the game started, I was already taken by the storyline. It was...exciting. You have no idea what you are getting into. I played all night. He watched me silently and helped me understand when needed. I was a pro at the controls now. I played all the way through. It made me feel. I felt the characters. It was enlightening. After the story was over, I felt like I was gonna cry. I looked at (y/n) and tackled him in a hug. I sniffled in his embrace. He didn't judge me. At some point, I fell asleep.

I woke up in warmth. I moved around a bit to realize someone was holding me! I pushed them away. It was (y/n). Oops. I woke him up. If I knew it was him sooner, I would have let him be.

"Well good morning to you too, Alastor."

I laughed a little.

"Sorry. I'm not used to waking up to someone holding me."

"You're fine. I understand."

He giggled and smiled at me. I noticed my coat was off and so were my shoes. He must have taken them off to make me more comfortable. I smiled at the thought. Who knew I would become a gamer. And fall in love with someone at the same time.