Realization

Alastor x Homophobic Male Reader

Requested by: Hazbin_Skittlez

Your Perspective

"Angel! Get your gayness out of here. And quit flirting with husk. It's gross."

Angel glared at me. Husk spoke.

"I agree with the stop flirting with me thing."

Angel scoffed and left the bar.

"Are you homophobic? Because what you said is fucked up."

"Yeah! And I'm proud to be homophobic! My parents would be proud of me."

Husk raised a brow and spoke.

"I see. So it's your parents doing."

He went back to drinking. I stared at him confused. I just shrugged it off.

...

I sat on the couch with my phone. I heard footsteps come near. I looked up. It was Alastor. He sat next to me. I felt my heart skip a beat. Wait, what? I ignored the feeling. Alastor looked at me and waved.

"Hello! What are you doing with that small plate of metal?"

I felt my face go warm at how cute- I mean he was stupid.

"Why do you want to know? It's not like you care."

I could have sworn I saw a hint of hurt in Alastors beautiful- I mean normal eyes. But it disappeared quickly. He just sighed and pulled out a book from no where. Why did he sit next to me? Why did he ask about what I was doing with genuine curiosity? As if he did care. At least a little. Like he was interested in getting to know me. I hope he wants to get to know me. I want to get to know him too. As friends of course.

...

Vaggie and Charlie were working together on some paper work. I kept seeing Vaggie glance at Charlie with love and caring eyes. Gross. They shouldn't be together. It's wrong.

...

I was at the bar staring at Husk cleaning some glasses. Pansexual? Is that even a real thing? I was snapped out of my thoughts by Angel.

"Hey! I want to talk to you."

Angel seemed frustrated.

"Ok?"

He grabbed my arm and led me away from everyone else.

"Why do you treat people part of the LGBTQ+ community like shit?"

"Because it's wrong!"

He chuckled.

"Why do you care so much anyway? Are you gay?"

"What!? No!"

Before I could say more he cut me off.

"Come on, toots. I've seen the way you look at Alastor. It's the same way Vaggie looks at Charlie!"

I felt my blood boil. I was so mad. He continued before I could say anything else.

"Just admit it to yourself, (y/n). It will make you feel better. That internal homophobia sucks. Trust me. I know. You will feel so much better if you were honest with yourself. Besides. Alastor likes you back."

"He does?!"

I perked up. Then noticed I was cut off gard.

"I mean. He what?"

Angel stared at me with amusement. I sighed and tried to think of what he was saying. How Alastor makes me feel. How perfect he is. Yeah... I like Alastor. I'm in love with him. I'm gay and I have been for as long as I can remember. I just never wanted to believe it. I understand what Husk meant by it was my parents fault. It was. It was the way they raised me that prevented me from realizing I'm gay and that I should be proud.

"You're right. I'm gay. I'm in love with Alastor."

Angel and I sighed in relief.

"Let me help you confess to Alastor."

"Ok... I just... does he really like me back?"

"Hell yeah he does! Now go and tell him how you feel. And apologize for how you treated us."

I took a deep breath.

"Ok. I need to do this if I want to be happy."

Angel smiled.

"Now go get him, toots!"

I laughed and went to find Alastor. I found him in the library sitting alone looking defeated. He didn't seem to notice I walked in. I spoke quietly to not startle him.

"Alastor..."

I jumped back into his usual character and turned to look at me.

"(Y/n), dear, did you need something?"

He looked tired.

"Yeah... I wanted to talk to you."

Alastor seemed surprised. But he gestured for me to sit down. So I did. We sat in silence for a moment.

"I need to apologize first."

He had a confused look on his face.

"Apologize for how I treated you and the others just because you were part of the LGBTQ+ community. It was just how I was raised. I had a lot of internalized homophobia. Truth is, I'm gay myself. And... and I'm in love with you Alastor."

Alastor's eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open. All of the sudden, I was in a bear hug from the Radio Demon.

"I'm so proud of you! I feel the same way!"

I began to cry. He was proud of me? I felt loved. We held each other tightly. He pulled back a little to look at me. He got closer. Our lips connected in a passionate kiss. The best kiss I've ever had. We parted for air. I spoke.

"I need to apologize to the others."

"Let's just enjoy this for a while. You will have the chance to apologize."

"Ok."

He kissed me again. We cuddled close on the couch and said sweet things to each other. It was the best feeling ever.