Almost Lost

Human Alastor x Pregnant Wife Reader

Requested by: AllisonTart

Your Perspective

I was at the store looking for certain ingredients for dinner tonight. I was almost done with the grocery list. Alastor was still at work. He should be getting home soon though. He was coming home a bit more early today. I was excited. I was also excited about our baby. I was 8 months pregnant. So close to seeing our little baby. The love and care I feel for Alastor and our child fills me and makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack without the pain. I heard a bit of wrestling and people in distress. I went to the area and saw my ex-husband harassing a woman. Maybe she was his new girl? It didn't matter because I knew I had to help her. I came over.

"Leave her be. Why are you doing this?"

"What do you think you're doing here?"

He spoke aggressively.

"I'm shopping. What are you doing here harassing this woman?"

He glared at me.

"She's my girlfriend."

"That doesn't give you the right to harass her."

He came closer in a threatening way. I blocked my face and belly. He punched me in my face anyway and then went after my belly. He punched it. I lost my breath. I dropped to my knees. A cop came over and apprehended him. The cop called for medical personnel.

...

I was in the hospital. They were checking if my unborn child was ok. I was stressed and cried begging them to help me. Alastor came to the hospital quickly. He saw me distressed sitting in the hospital bed. He was scared for me and our child. We waited thirty minutes with tests and checkups. The doctor came back. She spoke.

"You and your child are perfectly healthy. Aside from your face injury and the bruise on your belly, everything is fine."

She smiled and walked out to give us privacy. I cried with joy and relief. Alastor held me tight in his arms. He sighed softly and kissed my forehead.

"I love you two so much."

I smiled. We were so elated our child was alive and well. We almost lost our child. He rubbed my belly fondly. I put my hand on his.

"We love you too, sweetheart."

"Once I get my hands on that man. He's dead. That was too close."