What?...oh

Alastor x Shy Female Vegan Reader

Requested by: bunbi223

Alastor's Perspective

We had a new guest at the hotel. She seemed very quiet but well put together. It seems she would take a while to get used to us. After she was checked in she went to her room. I went to Charlie to do some more planning for the hotel.

...

It was around dinner time. I was cooking my favorite, jambalaya! The homemade recipe from my mother will surely give a warm welcome to our new guest! Nifty and I set up the table and called everyone to dinner. Everyone came down and sat at a seat. Except (y/n). She stopped walking to the table and looked rather nervous. I spoke up.

"Don't worry deary, you can come and sit down with us!"

She seemed like she wanted to say something, but backed out. Charlie walked over to her and asked her what was wrong. There was whispering and then (y/n) walked away. Charlie sat back down and ate her food. I was confused. Why wasn't she eating dinner with us?

The next night I tried to make something better. But she still refused to eat it and went and picked around in the fridge. I'm trying my best to be good and nice. I want to make something that she will eat. Does she not like me? That would be a shame. She seems so lovely. I just want to be trusted.

The same thing again this night. At this point, I was a little frustrated. It seemed at this point no matter what I cook she won't eat it. I asked Charlie what was going on.

"Alastor... She was nervous to say it but... She is vegan."

"What?...oh"

"Do you know what that is?"

"Yes, I do. I just didn't know. Why take so long to tell me?"

"I don't know..."

I brushed it off and searched through recipe books. I wanted to make something she would be comfortable eating. I made a verity that night. It was late when I was finished. But I must show her my work! I walked to her room and knocked on the door. After a moment, she opened the door looking a little tired.

"Alastor? What are you doing here so late?"

"I have something I need to show you, my dear."

I held out my hand. She hesitantly took it. I led her to the kitchen. On the island were about 5 dishes of her taste. It was good practice making food like this. She stared at the food for a moment. Then she began to blush and thank me.

"Thank you, Alastor. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

She spoke quietly as if she was anxious.

"It's fine, dear! I can understand why you would be nervous."

She smiled at me and hugged me. I tensed, not used to such affection. But I relaxed and melted into her hug. We had a good night trying the food I made.