Not Well

Sick Alastor x Reader

Requested by BrooklynRomer

Your Perspective

Alastor and I were listening to the radio sitting on the couch. Alastor was reading a book and I just sat quietly next to him. But this wasn't just a normal day. I noticed something off. Alastor kept sniffing and wiping his nose with his hand. He even let out a few harsh coughs. I was worried. He slowly looked more and more miserable. And it hit me. He was sick. I got up and went to the bathroom so I can take his temperature. I came back and put it right in his ear. He flinched and moved back looking at me as if I was crazy. I grabbed his head and held it still and put it back in his ear. 106. I was right. I let go.

"Alastor go to the bedroom and put on some pajamas and lay down."

He continued to look at me as if I were the craziest person in hell.

"Alastor, don't look at me like that. You are sick. Now go lay down. You can still read your book."

"Dear, I'm not sick. I haven't been sick in decades."

"That doesn't mean anything! Your temperature is 106. You are having many symptoms of a fever. Your nose is running like crazy. You are heating up unnaturally and you even have a cough. And look at you right now there is snot dripping down your face and your eyes are droopy and watery. You look miserable. So don't tell me you aren't sick!"

He quickly wiped his nose but more snot just came running out. I grabbed a tissue and handed it to him. He blew and you could hear all the mucus shoot out onto the tissue. He was definitely sick. He stood up silently and went to our room. I followed. He laid his back on the headboard. He continued to read his book as I put a box of tissues on the nightstand next to him. He quietly said thank you and I left to go make him some Jambalaya. It's worm and has meat and vegetables. It should make him feel better since he hasn't eaten all day. I came back into the room. He was sitting there with a tissue in his nose. I gave him the bowl and he slowly began to eat it. He smiled. He seemed content. Once he was done, he laid down and went to sleep. I put the bowl and fork in the sink and came back. I kissed his forehead and joined him in bed. I decided to take a nap.