Genuine Smiles

Alastor x Smiling Depression Reader

Requested by: ShadowRifter

Alastor's Perspective

The new hotel guest is the master of deceivers. Aside from me of course. They smile a lot and seem to be happy as can be. No one has noticed but me. To me, they clearly aren't happy. I deal with the same thing they do. Smiling depression. Of course I would catch another like me. It was interesting to see how they tricked the others. I see it as a sign of power not to show your weaknesses. I feel like I need to visit them.

Your Perspective

I was laying in bed contemplating my situation. It seems to good to be true that I get to stay here rent free. I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and got up. I opened the door to see Alastor. His smile broadened when he saw me.

"Hell, darling! I just wanted to chat with you."

I was a little nervous what was he going to talk about? Is he mad?

"Ok... come in."

I let him in. He made himself at home by sitting on my bed. I sat next to him.

"You're not happy, aren't you?"

He seemed to go straight to the point. I didn't mind however. Just not used to it. But I do prefer someone to blunt and straight forward with me.

"No..."

"I could tell. The way you pretend, how you lie through your teeth saying you're fine but in reality you are struggling with the oh so nasty depression."

"How did you know?"

"Because I'm the same way, darling. I just wanted you to know I'm for you if you ever need to talk."

Alastor's Perspective

They captured me in a tight hug. I felt an electrical feeling go through me. But not in the bad way when someone usually touches me. It felt good this time. I hugged back. They looked up at me and smiled. It was the first time I've seen them genuinely smile. I felt myself do the same. I felt my face relax from the entence smiling to gentle one. It felt so nice. They laughed and kissed my cheek. I felt my heart flutter and my stomach do a flip. My smile widened. We were full of genuine smiles the rest of the time we hung out. I want to do this more often.