Happy Holidays

Arizona's POV:

Buzzzzzz.... The alarm started going off, but for once I popped up like an excited kid on Christmas morning. Renee started grumbling, rolled over and wrapped her arms around me. "Do we hafta get up already? Can't we sleep in a bit more?!" 

"No, Sleepyhead!" I said, as I rolled over and cuddled into her chest. "My parents and Sophia are landing in 3 hours and I want to make sure everything is perfect for all of them."

"I just need to make the quiche for brunch, shower and get dressed." Renee was starting to wake up by the sound of her voice. "Maybe we can shower together?"

"Of course Baby, it was already on my list of things to do," I said as I cuddled into Renee a bit more. "Suppose we should put some clothes on and get started?"

"If you insist," said the docile eye doc. She's always so gentle when she first wakes up. "I'll go get started on the quiche and make us some coffee." 

I watched Renee as her naked body slipped out of our bed and into our bathroom. "Gawd, she's gorgeous," was all I could think as I smiled and ogled every inch of her as she disappeared into the adjacent room.

It was Monday morning and the start of Thanksgiving week. Both Renee and I had taken the week off so we could host my parents and Sophia. I was incredibly giddy to see all of them, finally! I was very amped, actually, about seeing my family. While I talk to my parents and Soph almost every day, I hadn't actually seen my parents or Sophia in 4 months. 

Since my parents are stationed in South Carolina at the moment, they have been wonderful about flying to New York and accompanying Sophia when she has traveled back to Seattle. I know they are helping us out, but I secretly think they also like their solo grandparent time with her too.

We spent the next 3 hours making sure everything was set to go for their arrival. Our fridges were stocked, the whole house had been cleaned top to bottom and Renee and I made quiches for brunch. Renee also made blueberry muffins for Sophia, I told Renee once, they were one of my daughter's favorite foods. Too funny I thought, Renee's already trying to win over Soph. Not that she needed to do anything except be herself.

Before we knew it, we only had an hour to get ready ourselves. We hurried into our Master Bathroom and I started the shower water to warm up, grabbed Renee by her waist and pulled her into my chest. She gave me her huge dimpled smile as she started kissing up and down my neck on both sides.

"C'mon Hot Stuff! We need to hurry if we're going to make it to Sea-Tac on time to pick up my folks and Sophia!" I said as I started ripping off her clothes. Renee quickly followed my lead and started stripping me naked.

While it felt amazing to hold her and have her hold me in the hot water, we both realized we needed to keep this shower quick so we could get out of the house on time. One never truly knows about traffic in the Seattle/Tacoma area, ever, especially on I-5.

We washed our own hair, but took a moment to wash one another's bodies before rinsing off and turning off the water. It wasn't the shower I was craving, but a sex-filled shower between us was going to need to wait for another time.

We were dressed and out of the house soon after our shower ended. My adrenaline/enthusiasm for seeing my fam had already kicked in, so I'm pretty sure I was talking a mile a minute when I asked Renee how she was feeling about meeting my family, while driving to the airport. At least I learned something from my therapy with Callie, it's important to always check in with your partner's feelings, especially at moments that can be stressful or emotional.

"I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I'm nervous they won't like me or want me to be with their daughter or Mama." I could see Renee was biting her bottom lip and know when she does that, she's either nervous, contemplating something or both.

"They are going to love you and they will quickly see what I see in you and what an amazing woman you truly are. It won't take the 3 of them long to recognize we are meant to be together. So stop worrying, you've got nothing to worry about!"

In the process of talking, I had parked and we walked to the security gate my family would be exiting through. My nerves were starting to get the better of me when Renee gentled wrapped her right arm around my back, just under my shoulder blades and squeezed me gently. She must have noticed my anxious state and was just trying to reassure me.

Suddenly, there they were! "Mama, Mama, Mama!" Sophia screamed as she ran towards me giggling. Her smile absolutely lit up my heart, just like it always does. I managed to grab Sophia and scoop her up in my arms before she crashed into my leg and left prosthetic leg. Once I hoisted her up onto my right side, I started kissing her cheeks, forehead and arms. It was about that moment I heard my Mom say, "Gee Daniel, I'm starting to think our only daughter doesn't even know we're here!"

My Mom was being Smart Alec, of course. "Mom, Dad, it's so wonderful to see you both! Thank you for flying with Soph, I do appreciate you guys doing this." I had already started hugging each one of them with Sophia still attached to my right hip.

I realized in my excitement, I had failed to introduce my girlfriend. Renee had been quietly been hanging out just a couple steps behind me while everyone got reacquainted again. "Mom, Dad and Sophia, I'd like you to meet Dr. Renee Schafer. 

My Father shook her hand vigorously while Renee said, "It's nice to meet you sir." My Dad seemed pleased she addressed him in accordance to his level of rank. "Please, call me Daniel, Dr. Schafer." 

"Please call me Renee," my girlfriend quickly responded.

My Mom on the other hand, threw her arms around Renee's shoulders and pulled her in for a big hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you Renee! We've heard so much about you from Arizona the last 4 months! I'm Barbara!"

I spun Sophia around to face Renee. Renee reached out her right hand to Sophia and said, "It's so nice to meet you, Sophia. I've heard lots about you from your Mama." Renee proceeded to shake Soph's right hand in a pseudo-formal greeting that made Soph start to laugh.

Sophia smiled and said, "Mama said you are super cool and you like playing with Legos too." 

"I do like Legos and I can't wait to show you the sets I've built when we get home. I also hope you like blueberry muffins, because I made some this morning and could really use someone to help eat some of them this week." 

My daughter didn't hesitate and screamed loudly, "I'll help you Renee!" We all laughed as I hugged my daughter a bit tighter after her funny and adorable offer to help with the blueberry muffins.

"Do you guys have all your luggage or did you check anything?" I asked as my Father promptly said, "You know me, Arizona, this family never checks bags, we only pack what's necessary."

"In that case, I said, let's get home and have some brunch!" We loaded up the car and were off. 

When we got back to the house around 11 am, Renee quickly made coffee and gave Soph a blueberry muffin and milk. She then heated the quiches, and set out out the pastries, fruit compote and spring salad. Once the adults were served, she made chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs for Sophia. 

So far this holiday was off to a perfect start and I couldn't have been happier in that one exact moment... I had my family, all together, again and all under my roof.