Spring Has Sprung Part II

Callie's POV:

I think between the 2nd bottle of wine, the late night of passionate lovemaking, all coupled-up with a long work week, is why both of us slept in that Saturday morning. 

I remember falling asleep, naked, with Arizona, whom was also naked, that evening. We managed to stay awake and make love to one another for close to two hours that late night/early morning, before collapsing in each other's arms. I thought I had locked our bedroom door, but realized when it came flying open at 8 am, I clearly hadn't done a good job.

"Wake up sleepyheads!" Of course it was Sophia, but it wouldn't have mattered who it was, Arizona and I had started scrambling to cover up our naked bodies, and hide under the sheets.

"Soph, sweetie, can you give your Mom and I just a moment and close the door as you do so?"

"Okay." Sophia knew she should have knocked, but minded what Arizona asked and closed our door as she walked out of the bedroom.

"Arizona, I swear I locked that door last night!"

"Callie, I'm sure you did, but that lock has never worked very well over the years I've slept in this room. We really need to replace the entire mechanism and lock at this point, it's beyond repair."

Both of us had hopped up at this point, and started rushing to put on our clothes. Within a minute, we were dressed, opened up our bedroom door and crawled back in bed to greet our daughter.

Sophia came running in and crawled between the two of us in bed. The three of us kissed and hugged each other while we snuggled.

"Moms, what are we going to do today? Or are you guys going to sleep all day?"

Arizona and I laughed, as I spoke. "Bug, your Moms are just tired and needed some more sleep today than normal. Did grandma feed you breakfast already?"

"She did, Mom. We had eggs and bacon and then I watched TV, and grandpa and I finished building my Lego set I just got."

"Well, little Miss, sounds like you've already had a busy morning." Arizona leaned over and kissed Sophia's cheek after she spoke.

Just then, Arizona's Mom walked into our open doorway while saying, "Knock knock, doctors." She was carrying 2 cups of coffee, one for each of us.

"Sophia's right, good morning sleepyheads, how are you ladies today?" Arizona's Mom set our mugs down on both of our sides of the bed.

"Good morning Mom, we're good. Thanks for looking after our munchkin this morning. Guess we didn't realize we both needed to catch up on some sleep."

"Well, it's no wonder with everything you are doing for me, on top of what you already need to do in your own lives. I'm glad you ladies could sleep in for a change."

"I actually came in to tell you the good news, our offer for the house got accepted and we should be able to move in about 2 weeks."

"Congratulations!" Arizona and I managed to say in unison.

"We're excited and looking forward to finally getting out of your hair."

"Barbara, we've loved having you both stay with us and you are always welcome in our house."

"Thanks Callie, I appreciate that, but it will be nice for all of us to have our own space again. Plus, we'll be a short distance now, so we are just a phone call away for a change. Well, I'll leave you guys alone to wake up." And with that, Barbara mostly closed our door and left the three of us alone. 

A tickle war ensued for the next few minutes, before Arizona and I officially got up and dressed. Other than grocery shopping for Easter dinner, it was going to be a lazy Saturday for a change, which I was looking forward to. I went in to the kitchen and made breakfast for Arizona and myself.