It's A Nice Day For A White Wedding

Arizona's POV:

The 2 weeks leading up to the wedding were, of course, chaotic. Even the best-laid plans have a way of going South from time to time, much like a perfectly planned surgery can. Luckily, my parents, Teddy and Meredith were helping us coordinate and execute everything, especially as we got closer to our date and some plans went wrong.

With a few days left, things were back on track and appeared to be working out. I still wasn't going to let out a sigh of relief through until after the wedding was over. Still, I was certain everything that should have been done, had been handled. 

Sophia even managed to get the exact type of princess dress she wanted and was ready to go for the ceremony. Both Callie and I had asked her to be our flower girl and she was ecstatic to be on display for the all the wedding guests to see at the start of our ceremony.

We had also each asked our two closest friends to be our maids of honor, Teddy was going to stand with me, while Meredith was going to stand with Callie. Both women would be getting ready at our house the morning of and lending support where ever they could. 

Meredith had gotten Amelia to watch her brood tomorrow morning, but her kids and Amelia would be attending the wedding. It was nice to see that after Sophia's birthday party that Callie had forgiven the way Amelia berated Penny, way back when.

The night before the wedding, we decided to be "traditional," and sleep apart. I was going to stay at my parent's house and get ready, while Callie and Sophia were staying at our house. Callie still hadn't seen what I was wearing, nor had I seen what she picked out. We both had agreed to wear white or cream colored apparel. 

My dress was very simple as compared to the one I wore the first time I got married to Callie. It was white satin, with not a lot of embellishments. It was cut below my knee and had a rather straight line, except for where the waist flared in just a bit. The two straps sat on the outer parts of my shoulders, revealing my shoulders, neck and a bit of a plunging neckline that tastefully accentuated my cleavage.

What I didn't know, was Callie had also purchased a white satin dress, that was also simplistic in it's design. Her dress, was more of an A-line with a high waist and plunging neckline that also showed off her cleavage. The dress had a wide flowing skirt below the bodice, that came just above her ankles and looked incredible with her heels. 

In our wedding photos, it looks like we coordinated our outfits, even though we had done just the opposite. In fact, I think most of our guests didn't believe us when we told them we went shopping, separately.

Callie and I had taken the day before the wedding off and the week after. We figured we were going to need some downtime after how crazy things had been leading up to our big day. Sophia was still going to be in school that week and odds are we both will still be dealing with work emails, but the thought of being able to bum around Seattle or even the house sounded like a nice change of pace, even if we weren't going anywhere official for our honeymoon.

Once we got Sophia to school the day before the wedding, our house turned into complete and utter chaos as the party rental company descended upon our home and backyard. They had the chore of setting up 2 different tents, a smaller one for the ceremony and a larger one for the dinner, dance floor and reception. The sound of metal stakes being pounded into the yard had started echoing throughout our neighborhood as the enclosed tents started to take shape.

My parent's showed up not long after the tents were set up.

"How goes it ladies?" My Mom entered the kitchen just before my Dad. 

"So far, so good Barbara. They have the tents set up in what is left of our backyard and should be starting to set up the chairs, tables, the dance floor and the bar. They also need to string the Edison light bulbs today at some point. Tomorrow morning the caters, flowers, cake, DJ, etc., will be back bright and early to start setting up."