The Rain, the Gala and Other Things Part II

Callie's POV:

I had just finished reading Sophia's bedtime story and closed the book. That's when I looked up and noticed that not only Sophia was asleep, but Arizona had drifted off to sleep as well. The two of them looked so cute together that I just wanted to roll over, hold both of them and fall asleep as a family.

I didn't however, and gently touched Arizona's right leg in order to wake her up.

"Sweetie, can I help you get to bed?" Arizona groggily nodded.

With that, I offered her my hand as a support and a way to move around Sophia and hop out of the bed. Arizona is so cute when she's half awake, half asleep, and just so cuddly. I put my arms around her waist, as she walked in front of me and I guided Arizona to her bedroom.

In the process of making the short walk down the hallway from Sophia's room to Arizona's bedroom, she had started to wake up a bit. Yet, she didn't try to move my arms from where they were positioned around her waist.

"Are you going to be okay, or would you like help undressing for the night?" I was smiling with an inquisitive look on my face, as I spoke.

Arizona started laughing, turned around to face me, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"We both know where that's going to go, Dr. Torres, if you take my clothes off while I'm in my bedroom."

"Then what are we waiting for, Arizona?"

"You think you are so slick sometimes, Callie, don't you? Arizona grabbed me a little bit tighter around my neck and pulled herself closer to my body.

We both just laughed, but held each other for a good minute, before letting go. We knew that if we did anything beyond what we had, things would escalate and we'd end up crossing a huge line that we weren't quite ready to cross. Both of us let out a large, deep, sigh, as we broke up our embrace.

I kissed Arizona on the cheek, and turned and walked out of her bedroom towards my own room. It didn't take long for me, while laying in bed, to realize that I wanted to be in Arizona's bed that night. So, I grabbed my cell phone, and walked into Arizona's room.

"Callie, is everything okay?" Arizona had already started drifting back to sleep when I walked into the room.

"Yeah, I just needed some company tonight, and thought we could sleep in the same bed, if that's okay?" 

"I'm fine with us sharing a bed, as long as it doesn't go beyond that. My other concern is Sophia seeing us sleeping together, so if you're okay with scooting out of this room, before she wakes up tomorrow morning, you're welcome to sleep next to me."

Once Arizona spoke those words, I set my cell phone down on the bedside table and activated the alarm to wake me by 5 am. 

As I crawled into bed, I could smell the intoxicating scent of Arizona's shampoo and perfume. It felt like I was coming home, as I nestled up against her back and spooned her into me. I actually heard Arizona sigh, as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her tighter into my body. And, that's how we both fell asleep that night.

My alarm at 5 am the next morning, seemed rather abrupt. I just wanted to lay in bed longer and keep holding Arizona, but I couldn't. It was Monday, and time to go back to work. I had a hip replacement that morning at 8 AM, so even though I didn't need to be up that soon, it was probably a good time to get up, get ready and go to work.

I yawned, sighed, and kissed Arizona's cheek, before getting up. In a half awake stupor, Arizona said, "I love you, Callie."

"I love you too sweetie." I kissed Arizona's cheek again, before finally extricating myself from her bed.