'Twas The Night Before Christmas Part II

Callie's POV:

Despite the drama with my sister, I thought the party was a success. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I was pretty sure almost everyone showed up and then some. At one point it was difficult to move around the lower level because of all the bodies.

Sometime just before 11 pm, our last guests left, Teddy and my Dad. Okay, technically my Dad just said goodnight and went upstairs to bed, but he still counted. While I had enjoyed seeing everyone that evening, I was also looking forward to the party ending so I could have some alone time in bed with Arizona. We definitely had things to talk about.

During the last hour of the party, I noticed Arizona and Teddy were engrossed in a deep conversation at one point, so I didn't interrupt them. I was hoping Arizona was busy getting information from Teddy and didn't want to bombard them just in case.  

After we said our goodbyes and hugged Teddy goodbye, we both threw on the first set of pajamas we could find, put Sophia's big gifts under the tree and flopped on our bed.

"Callie."

"Yes?"

"I'm exhausted. I'm not even sure how I made it this long on my feet." Arizona was trying to rub her lower back as she spoke until I gently rolled her so I could reach and started massaging Arizona's lower back. "Calliope, that feels nice..." She let out a deep sigh which I knew meant she was exhausted, but contented by my massage.

I kissed her exposed shoulder as we continued to compare notes about the party and then finally got to the topic at hand, Ari. That's when Arizona gave me a synopsis of everything she had heard that night from Teddy and Charley.

In no particular order, Arizona started spitting out everything she knew and had heard during the party. She proceeded to discuss what she had figured out about my sister during the next part of our conversation.

Turns out that Allison went to law school with Charley and they were pretty close friends during their first and second years. Allison lived in Florida, and practiced patent law which made Arizona suspect that Ari might have known Allison before Ari moved to Seattle.

"Callie?" Do you remember the names of any of the women that Ari dated before she met Renee? I seem to think Allison might have been one of those women, but I can't remember if that was one of the names she gave us..."

"I don't remember either Arizona, but it would at least make more sense why Ari cheated if it was someone from her past." 

Arizona went on to tell me that during the night of the attorney's dinner, Allison and Charley ran into one another and started talking. Apparently Allison told Charley she was thinking about moving to Seattle, but it all depended on her relationship with her attorney girlfriend (Ari). 

According to Allison, Ari and her had been on and off again for years, but had been dating again the last month since Allison was in town for work. The two of them had been talking about moving in together and taking their relationship to the next level, but Ari hadn't committed just yet to the idea. 

Charley said that Allison had pointed out Ari across the banquet room, but she never met Ari or spoke with her the night of the dinner event. Nonetheless, that's how Charley knew about Allison and that Ari was her girlfriend. 

"Charley was stunned tonight when she found out Ari was your sister and that she already had a live-in girlfriend, Renee. She promised me though Callie she would keep her mouth shut regarding the whole affair. I know Charley doesn't want to be involved with any of this drama herself, so I'm not worried she will blab."

"What did Teddy say to you, Arizona? She had to of heard Charley say Allison was Ari's girlfriend and not Renee?"

"Actually, Teddy flat out asked me who Allison was when we were talking at the end of the night. In fact, that was the first sentence out of her mouth. Which by the way, seems to be a popular question in our house tonight." Both of us scoffed because of the truth behind Arizona's last statement.