Welcome To The System

Bored out of my mind I was exploring YouTube, at first, I was listening to music, but then got recommended some anime 'would you rather' videos

Bored out of my mind I was exploring YouTube, at first, I was listening to music, but then got recommended some anime 'would you rather' videos. I came across the Tokyo Revengers ones, few I found entertaining, others had just like simple questions of 'who would you rather kill'. Then I came across a comment with a link attached, first I was skeptical, but some other commentators recommended it so I gave it a shot. I was worried this all could be just a scam, but if I didn't click on anything suspicious and didn't download anything, it should have been okay right?

Once the strange site opened, they asked me to type in a Japanese female name of my choice.

"Wait why female, there wasn't even a question if you are female or not..." I told myself, maybe whoever made it was just biased. I shrugged and opened another tab where I could get recommended Japanese baby names. I found something I thought sounded nice, the name meaning was also acceptable, it meant righteous path or something along those lines.

"Michi." I wrote it, and soon the site transformed it into kanji. I just stared at the screen shocked and decided to google whatever this was the right spelling, it was causing it to be even more mind-blowing.

"What is even going on here." why would someone use their precious time to code such an advanced site, just for something such as a 'would you rather' game with anime characters. I scratched my head and clicked next, at this point this site got me intrigued.

Following that, the site wanted me to choose a surname, this time I spent more time searching for something suitable. I must have scrolled thru dozen of names before I decided to settle for it.

"Hirabayashi." it was quite lengthy, but it meant peaceful forest at least that's what the site briefed me off. Soon the surname also transformed to a kanji spelling, although this time I just laid trust that it was how you spelled it in Japanese. I clicked on the Next button, despite a window popped up instead of going to the following page.

"Are you pleased with your choices?" I thought about it.

"Michi Hirabayashi." I mean it sounded cohesive. Wouldn't the full name mean a path in a peaceful forest? And accept.

"Why are the stats here? What do I need them for?" There were five stats you could choose between. Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Endurance, and lastly Luck. Where you got 10 points to distribute them around. I thought deeply about my choices.

"I mean we want to be smart, right? And who wouldn't want to excel in Luck?" I put 3 stats in each of those two.

"Now 2 will go to Agility and then 1 for Strength and 1 for Endurance. Perfect." I clicked the next button and again the site asked me if I was content with the choices I made. I looked at the stats one last time before clicking accept. So I waited and waited but nothing popped up.

"Oh come on load!" I was livid, was the site choosing questions based on my selections. Eventually, a wave of tiredness hit me.

"What's going on, I wasn't that sleepy a few minutes ago." I could just see myself doze off in front of the computer screen, yet the last thing I saw was a message that popped up saying.