Day With South~

It was the 23rd of December falling on a Friday, and thankfully there was no school I had to worry about for today, the winter break was here which meant I could use half of my day for shopping for the exchange gift event.

"Let's see. What can I buy for a bunch of teenagers? Or more like delinquents?" Sure there were also girls to worry about that I needed to take into consideration, that weren't taking part in any gang fights.

"So nothing gang related... how about earrings then, so many of the guys have their ears pierced." I tried to reason, but they always wore the same kind, was it some kind of special bro code, I wasn't aware existed? And what about if someone like Mikey picked it? The gift would be deemed useless.

"This won't do... maybe a nice hunter knife would do the trick?" Then a single image of Sanzu flashed before my eyes.

"Nah, someone will get stabbed." I couldn't trust those kids with sharp items. Then my eyes landed on an interesting cat-shaped cup.

"Perfect, it's so cute and anyone can use it." I was set, since everyone could use a new cup no matter the gender, for any hot or cold drinks, also no one ever voiced a high distaste for cats in my presence. So I purchased the item and asked the staff to wrap it up for me.

"Considering the professional look of the gift, Mucho won't be able to guess it's from me." Something also told me if I wrapped it myself he would be able to fish it up from the pile and would present it to Izana like some sort of ancient treasure.

Since my personal mission was finished, it was time to move to the next big thing on my calendar, meaning picking South up from his release, but first I needed to buy a bouquet for the occasion as per my promise.

So I turned up to the first flower shop that was on the way there, and I requested the biggest bouquet they had to offer, causing the florist to engage in small conversation.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Perhaps because Christmas was around the corner she thought it was meant for my sweetheart.

"My friend is getting released from juvenile today. So to celebrate he asked me to buy him one." I answered bluntly, taking the poor woman off guard.

"You must really fancy him if you're willing to spend so much money on flowers." I shook my head disagreeing.

"I'm just doing it since I have the means, I also wanted to take him off guard, and then see if the prank he prepared will subdue my boredom." The florist seemed to be done with this conversation, so she handed me the flowers pretty quickly while bidding me farewell.

"Thanks." I stepped outside and decided to face my fears, it was time to see what South had in store for me.

When I came around he was already waiting, ready to leave, but the first thing I heard coming out of his mouth when he saw me was.

"I told you she still has me in her heart, after all, no one else can compare to my size." I knew he said it to mess with the guard's head, but why was he painting me as someone so shallow? Did I really look like an individual that would choose my partner based on their height alone? I sighed and handed him the flowers once I was close enough.

"Let's-" I was about to give him the order to start moving along, but my sentence was cut short when he decided to pick me off the ground as if I was some little bratty kid, but probably from his perspective it was the case.

"What-" I couldn't even get one sentence across, again because this time he kissed me roughly, I knew it was all for the show, but he could have at least warned me about it.

"Well gotta go, my girlfriend is taking me out on a very special dinner tonight." He winked in the guard's direction as if he tried to relay some underlying message, while my brain was questioning if he really meant it. I never agreed on taking him out for dinner. The guard seemed to be blushing and then proceeded to yell in our direction.