New Year Celebration~

It was quite strange to not celebrate the New Year like I usually did, waiting for the fireworks to be launched, occasionally dancing and singing because someone in your family was watching a concert on TV being streamed live from another city,  o...

It was quite strange to not celebrate the New Year like I usually did, waiting for the fireworks to be launched, occasionally dancing and singing because someone in your family was watching a concert on TV being streamed live from another city, once midnight hit you would drink the champagne or at specific years go out to blast some fireworks yourself.

Yet there were no fireworks to watch unless you deliberately rode out to designated areas that specifically announced they would hold a show. Yet it seemed like a hassle since my family wanted to wake up early to specifically visit the temple early.

So as I was sharing my experience during breakfast time, how weird it was to miss all that Kazutora looked to be in shock.

"Were your celebrations similar to what I have seen in movies before?" Of course, I didn't know which movies, in particular, he was referring to, probably American ones, but I didn't think the celebrations in my country were any different.

"Kind of, yes."

"And you never been to a temple before?" I nodded my head, admitting to it being the case, I was so busy performing the system's missions, I never got the chance to visit one. There was no time to act like a tourist.

"If you want we could travel out the next year, to Europe perhaps so you could experience the New Year from my perspective?" My brother seemed to have loved the idea.

"With Baji?" He questioned.

"If you pay for his share."

"You will not?" Kazutora gasped, betrayal written all over his face, because how dare I spend some time away from my boyfriend.

"I mean we don't even know if he would want to go, besides if his grades flop again... his mother will never allow him to go with us." Kazutora nodded his head understanding that I wanted his input so I wouldn't be making a decision in his stead.

"You do have a point." Was his response.

After breakfast, I retreated to my room and tried to put on the kimono mom picked out for me, by myself. However because I wore this piece of clothing only once, I had a hard time understanding which piece of cloth should go where, so I had to call mom for backup.

"So pretty." She expressed once I was ready to head out.

"Thank you, mom." I kissed her cheek to express my gratitude.

Five minutes later we headed out, and we met most of the crowd at the temple's location just as we established would happen.

"He came as well... even if I didn't want him to." Yuzuha pointed at the giant that was standing out of the crowd like a sore thumb looking somehow not in the mood for jokes, despite I couldn't stop myself from elbowing Taiju.

"Awww you attended with your family, how sweet."

"Knock it off." I guess his attitude somehow changed towards me, but it was bearable, then suddenly a small kid approached us two, he looked innocently at Taiju and his tall physique before asking.