Zoo Visit~

When I woke up and ventured into the kitchen I saw mom already preparing today's breakfast, I offered to help, it was quite a while since we cooked together. However as I was roaming around the kitchen assisting her, we both abruptly heard the doorbell ring. Dad looked away from his newspaper and was just as stunned.

"Who could be at the door so early?" I asked as it was still a few minutes before seven o'clock.

"It's probably Keisuke, Kazutora mentioned something about him coming early." Wait a moment, so he specifically made it on time to join our breakfast? Why did he act like a homeless person? Seriously. I put down the things I was doing, washed my hands, and waltzed over to the front door.

My first reaction upon seeing his face was.

"Why, just why?" He just snickered.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" I just sighed and made some space to let him inside.

"You're not planning to greet me, like at all?" My brain decided to respond with.

"You spend so much time in our house, it just feels like you're one of its residents." I went back to helping mom as Keisuke took a spot at the table. Once Kazutora waltzed down they were talking about being excited to help me buy this bike. I guess for Keisuke it meant I was just a tad closer to joining Toman.

"Are you gonna talk about it till like 10 o'clock?" Since it was Saturday most stores would open at like ten or eleven.

"Maybe, maybe. We can already do some internet research." I guess that was a possibility, but since I didn't really care that much for a bike and there was a possibility of adjusting it I thought taking something that I struck fancy in the store was good enough.

As we were in the middle of the meal a thought came by, which I decided to voice out loud.

"Keisuke... if you spend so much time in this house, how about requesting adoption from our parents?" They were already treating him like one of their own so.

"No that can't happen, no!" I wasn't expecting such a strong reaction from him.

"Why not?" I asked while taking a sip of the miso soup, thinking he would mention something about his mother not allowing him to.

"Because I won't be able to get married to you otherwise!" His directness shocked me so much that I spit out the soup, right into Kazutora's face who took a seat in front of me. I quickly realized my mistake and stood up and handed over a cloth to wipe it off.

"Oh my, ~ Oh my~" I heard mom say as she elbowed dad that was sitting next to her, his jaw wide open before dad could reject Keisuke because it felt like something he would do. I could totally imagine him saying something along the lines that his daughter was too young to even consider this as an option, so I decided to take the lead.

"Aren't you too young to think about such matters? How about taking the first step of asking someone on a date instead of leaping into the marriage scenario." He didn't move, nor responded, he was probably cursing himself out for having too big of a mouth, but hey teenagers are bound to do some embarrassing stuff in life.

"Forget about what I said!" He soon yelled. We finished breakfast so I decided to go up to my room and change from the pj's. But when I plopped onto the bed to think about what took place I heard a light knock on my door, followed by Keisuke's voice asking.

"Can I come in?" Wasn't his usual tactic just to storm in when he desired.

"Sure." I was curious about what he had to add after that outburst.

"What's up?" I decided to act like normal, even if as of now I couldn't return his feelings I still wanted us to be friends.

"Sorry about it, I wasn't planning to confess in such a way." He sat on the bed, why did it feel like we were bound to have some serious couple talk right now? I was about to convey something but he stopped me.