Vents~

During the Thursday evening when I thought I would have time to chill, instead I was sent out on a mission by the system, coming here was easy, but now I was fully questioning the system's intention when the second choice came upon me.

"Is it trying to train me into a freaking soldier?" I asked out loud, frustrated because it sure felt like it, with the two alternatives I was given.

I chose to oversee my stats to make my final decision on that matter.

Intelligence: 86

Luck: 85

Endurance: 83

Agility: 84

Strength: 87

And then I proceeded to read the missions again, making sure whatever I have seen was indeed the case.

'Would you rather train parkour for the next 30 minutes or climb inside vents in an abounded building? I sighed, still feeling conflicted.

"Do I risk an injury, that would be caused by my bad balance and still miss out on a stat or climb inside some dusty vents that may give me an allergic reaction at best, and claustrophobia at worst? Or I return home like this never took place and face the consequences?" Reminding myself what happened to the future Michi, with the wish to stay in this world, I found myself standing in front of a building that Venus guided me to when I requested assistance.

"This better be worth my time," I grumbled and opened up a vent by putting enough force into my kick. But no matter how deep I ventured inside nothing seemed to have happened.

"And now it wants me to climb up?" I sighed feeling like a local spiderman, not for good reasons. And currently, Venus appeared before me in its fairy robotic form as if she was guiding me someplace.

Later she even asked me to keep quiet, which I obliged since I was worried this trip would have been for nothing otherwise, the system had the higher ground and all.

However later on I realized I wasn't the only person that thought abounded buildings were the trend nowadays, I heard two people in the distance having a whole ass conversation. And in no time they were in my hearing vicinity, considering how quiet it was here, the sound was traveling much further. I halted my exploration, wanting to know who I was dealing with, but I sure didn't expect to hear this.

"Kisaki, I'm not sure I can trust your words any longer, whenever I see the two of you spending time together so lovingly, I can't imagine you ever wanting to part with Michi, yet you promised me you would, so which one is the truth?" Wait what kind of shit show did I descend upon? I unknowingly clenched my knuckles expecting a good answer to come from my hubby, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"She's just a stepping stone to my future goals..." I heard him say with no hesitation at all. My stomach was already feeling sick, but I stayed put, trying to find any possible assurance this was the trick he was pulling on Hanma to keep him away from me.

"So I will paint you as a saint in her eyes when the time is due, so just stay put and stop questioning me." So what could his plan possibly be? Dumping me so viciously that once Hanma comes and tries to comfort me, this giraffe will be seen as a better candidate thru my eyes? What was even going on?

"So all this for just one girl that already has a boyfriend? You're as vicious as ever." There was a pause followed by Kisaki saying.

"You wouldn't understand." But there was still one thing I couldn't comprehend, what kind of goal did he have in mind this time around? Was he planning on using my connections in some shape or form? Or he could spot my potential of me getting ahead of everyone in terms of strength?