Dumpling~

I looked at my phone acknowledging the date being the 28th of November falling on a Monday, and it was time to face my fears, a day to be remembered

I looked at my phone acknowledging the date being the 28th of November falling on a Monday, and it was time to face my fears, a day to be remembered. I needed no guy that would drag me down in life because such a lifestyle sure worked out in my previous lifetime.

"Who I am kidding? By anyone else standard that was a sad life of a hermit... that could only earn money for a living, before returning back to their little cave." But it wasn't the point, this time I wasn't so lonely I needed to stick myself to a guy that wasn't even interested in reciprocating my feelings or the effort I made so far.

"If I don't stick up for myself, no one else will." With this amount of pep talk, I entered the war zone called a school, with as much resolve as I could gather.

"That's right Michi... we should be happy and thankful it only took us two weeks to spot a snake." After all, there were couples out there that were putting up with more bullshit, and for years at that.

I changed my shoes and wandered upstairs, each second preparing myself mentally for the showdown. But once I opened up the door I wasn't prepared for this sight.

Our eyes met and I could see heavy eye-bags under Kisaki's eyes, caused by sleepless nights and red puffy eyes as if he was recently crying. I tried my best to ignore him, but the view was tearing my heart apart.

I could also feel a spark of hope reappearing in my heart, but I was quick to shoot it down, who knew the real reason for his sorry state, maybe he was anxious about his plan failing once again, my unpredictableness being the sole culprit.

I took my seat, but I found my eyes trailing back to him, considering him crying seemed like a wild concept to me, even if I knew he was indeed capable of feeling sadness, which was shown in the manga, so where did that wild expectation come from?

Throughout the lesson I found myself questioning everything once again, like why did I even like him in the first place? Did I see something no one else could perceive?

"No those pretty eyes and tan skin must have been the reason." I found myself muttering out loud, catching Kisaki's attention, so I looked away, attempting to make it look like the scenery outside was so more interesting in comparison to the lesson.

Of course, it didn't take much for our number one shipper to notice something was amiss in our interactions. So I was summoned to the teachers' room after class by Mr.Nomura.

"Did something happen between you and Kisaki? You two were unusually distant..." He expressed right off the bat when my foot took a step inside.

"Well, we broke up," I told him as bluntly and nonchalantly as possible.

"Already? What happened? It's been barely two weeks, I know usually middle school relationships don't last long, but that is too quick for the usual standard." The PE teacher that was eavesdropping on our conversation couldn't comprehend why Mr.Nomura would be so invested in this topic.