Nightmare~

My body was trembling, my eyes were watery, filled with salty tears which were continuously flowing down my face. I just stared into the distance, ashamed of my errors. Until a tiny light emerged and I heard someone's voice calling my name, followed by a strange sensation as if someone was shaking my body, yet no one was in sight.

Suddenly I gasped for air and woke up in my own bed, I noticed Kazutora standing beside my bed, concern written all over his face.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked in the softest voice possible. I just nodded my head, realizing tears were still pouring out like a waterfall, the sadness from the dream seeping into reality.

Brother quickly put me into a hug, after I sat up, as I remembered the things that occurred in the dream. I was scared, no terrified. Of the fact, that although I knew how the future was going to advance from this point on, I actually had no strength nor power to actually change the timeline for the better.

It took me at least ten minutes to calm myself down, but after crying so heavily I felt better.

"Thank you for waking me up from that nightmare."

"What was it about... maybe talking about it will make you feel better," Kazutora suggested as I fell silent, before admitting.

"I had a dream where although I knew when people close to me are going to die, I had no capability to actually stop it from happening."

"That's pretty specific." Was his response.

"Yeah... I guess... sometimes the worst nightmares are the ones that make you feel hopeless." But this made me decide, it was better to take some action now, rather than later. Sure I was scared of people finding out about the system, and treating me differently afterward, yet I rather risk being exposed, than later down the road regret not being by someone's side fast enough.

I glanced at my inventory and made the decision to hand over the health potion to Keisuke today. There was no certainty, someone wouldn't try to attack him before or after the fight, and what were the odds of me being there on time to feed him one myself?

After we walked downstairs, once my parents found out what happened, I was asked if I wanted to recuperate my mental health and stay out of school for the day, but I rejected the suggestion. Today there were no band practices, I just wanted to head to school and then go straight to Keisuke's place. Seeing his face would presumably reduce my anxiety more than sitting at home. Mom made sure to include my favorite dishes in the bento, feeling so loved made me want to cry again, this time for another reason.

So when I was at school I did actually cry when eating it, shocking the trio that was normally hanging with me at this point in time.

"Are you alright?" I got worried looks from both Souya and Senju, so I assured them I was okay, but Nahoya had to ruin it all.

"I never thought you were capable of crying." My eye twitched in annoyance.

"Right back at you, never saw you cry either." And an idea popped into my head.

"I bet you're just a clown from a horror movie that likes to terrorize people, that's your true identity."

"They are at it again... with you bickering so often I feel like I'm part of a dysfunctional family," Senju mentioned as I stopped in my tracks.

"You see honey you should take better care of your wonderful family, but all you do is start fights, is this really the life you want?" I guess that pissed him off too.

Later when the classes were over I didn't even care what the others thought of me, I just packed my things in speed light and started to speed walk to the entrance. But once I changed to my outdoor shoes I sped off to Keisuke's house, running there as fast as I could.