Camping Trip~

Once my heavy eyelids opened from my deep sleep I was greeted with a new ping coming from the system, informing me there was already a mission. But why did I have to start my day by stressing over some mission choices? I sat up on the bed and decided to have a look, even if I wasn't too happy with it.

'Would you rather take Izana Kurokawa and Kakucho camping or ignore them for the next 2 weeks?' Wasn't Izana's birthday in that time frame, like I would crush his hopes for some stats. So the system was insisting on the first option I see, I knew I was the culprit behind this mission since I suggested it before, but I wanted more time to prepare everything. I just sighed and walked downstairs to ask my mom about if we had any equipment for the trip, if nothing went smoothly I just needed to suck it up and perform another punishment from the wheel, no biggie.

"Good morning, also mom do we have any camping gear?" she looked around, but since Kazutora wasn't in sight she suddenly asked.

"Is it for another mission?" I nodded my head, so she finally answered my question.

"We do in fact have a tent, three sleeping bags, and a burner." So all I ever needed for this trip into the woods, great.

"You won't be going with someone that could bring potential harm, right?" I kept silent, sure Kakucho was there to have my back. I wanted to trust Izana but at times his strange comment still lingered in my mind.

"What's with the pause Michi?" she narrowed her eyes at me as I laughed nervously.

"Kakucho is there to have my back, don't worry about it." Dad came soon after so I changed the topic and asked my parents for the best camping spots, after we concluded to one I asked the system to put the spot on the GPS function.

"Do you want me to drive you there Michi?" Dad asked as I just assured him taking a taxi would be enough since I didn't want to disturb his workflow. After breakfast, I phoned Kakucho to let him know of my plans.

"Yo, tell me you're free with Izana today?" He sounded panicked I guess because he couldn't guess what this was for.

"We are, what's up?" I went straight to the point.

"Camping trip, me, you, and Izana, how does that sound?" I guess it took him some time to progress the news since I called so early.

"I guess." He said with a tired voice.

"Great, once I'm finished packing I will come over, in the meanwhile you two can ponder what food, snacks included, you want me to buy." Kakucho sounded surprised, by my rush.

"This early?" I mean if we went earlier we would get the best spot, and hey more time to spend with each other, why was he complaining?

"Setting up the tent takes time, and if we arrive there too late, we won't be able to see anything if the sun goes down," I explained.

"Okay, I got it." I ended the conversation with.

"See you soon." and I disconnected the call.

Mom helped me with all the packing, she made a list and made sure I had all I needed. Kazutora seemed surprised by my preparations.

"What's all this about?" Kazutora asked.

"I'm going on a camping trip." He seemed somehow conflicted and soon he softly inquired.

"It's not with Mikey is it?" Was he so guarded against him?

"Nah, with my childhood friend Kakucho." It seemed like something else was bothering him.

"Not alone... right?" I shook my head.

"There is another friend that is tagging along. You want to join too?" Kazutora then stated.