Valhalla Joining Toman~

Initially, I was set on going to school the next following day, despite the extreme pain I was experiencing

Initially, I was set on going to school the next following day, despite the extreme pain I was experiencing. I wasn't too sure where such mentality was steaming from, maybe from my past life, if I could call it as such when it was of utmost importance to keep near-perfect attendance.

But when I walked downstairs into the kitchen, looking worse than I did yesterday, mom was quick to shut down this idea of mine.

"Listen, dear, you say that even the painkillers barely work, and you're trying to head to school in this state?... This won't do, I will call you in sick and you will stay in bed until you get better." Dad agreed, nodding his head.

"Listen to your mother." This begged the question, would it be even worse the next upcoming two times? Would it be so bad I would need to ask someone to literally knock me out?

"What got you so motivated to attend school on a day like this?" Kazutora seemed confused at my dedication, but with my hazy mind, I just told him bluntly the first thing I thought could be the possible answer.

"Guilt, the more days I miss, the more I feel like I did something horrible." My family seemed concerned, and my parents were quick to wonder if this was something I needed to work on with a therapist.

"But unlike me, you have nothing to worry about, your grades are good no matter how many days you seem to miss. It's not like you're slacking off every day." Right I kept on forgetting that the school would give me slack on attendance because of my previous medical records, and I didn't need to worry about missing out since my grades weren't that bad.

"Thanks, Kazu-chan." I finished the food and my brother's idea of support was carrying me upstairs. It startled me a little since he didn't even ask if I needed any assistance he just did it.

Later when Kazutora left and mom went out to replenish our fridge I was thinking about what I was missing out on.

"Ah... and I thought bullying my boyfriend a little would make me feel a tad better." But then I recalled that giving him a call was indeed an option. I quickly reached for my phone and then dialed his number at the speed of light.

"My dearest I won't be able to go to school to see your handsome face," I spoke in quite a whiny voice.

"Are you sick? What about the Toman meeting?" He asked.

"I will be present, but my whole body is in pain, how about saying some reassuring loving words to make me feel better?"

"Forget it... I'm in a subway." Shy as always I see.

"So later?" He sighed.

"Ugh fine." And the call ended, but I heard back from him five minutes later.

"Yes?" I asked, feeling the excitement pour into my body. There was quite a long pause thereafter tho, but he didn't go back on his promise.