Cupid The Cat

When I was out of Keisuke's view I stopped running. I was in front of the subway station, ready to walk in, but suddenly I felt something brushing my legs. I glanced down only to find the orange cat from before.

"Ah yes, my cupid cat," I said kneeling down, only for it to jump inside my arms. It was staring deep into my soul with its sparkly eyes and suddenly a mission window popped up.

'Would you rather adopt the orange cat or buy an exotic poisonous snake.' I sighed but decided to check the rewards just in case.

"One point for strength if I adopt the kitten, or one in endurance if I buy the snake." Well, I could use some strength stats, since it was stuck on a mere one. Accepting the mission I walked onto the subway with the kitty in my arms, getting questioned looks from passersby because they probably couldn't believe how well behaved it was.

Later I opened the front door to our house.

"Mom I have a problem over here..." she came running, only confusion was visible on her face when she saw the cat.

"Is the cat the problem, well it looks really attached to you..." yes it was in my arms for a half-hour straight, even I was confused about this cat's devotion.

"Are you planning to adopt it?" she asked.

"Well, it would be a shame to turn it down now." I heard her yell for father to come.

"Dear come over here, I think it's time for a family meeting." he came running and glanced at the cat.

"I guess you are trying to keep it?" he asked, and I just nodded in response.

"You sure you want to bring home a stray?" I guess usually people wanted small kittens, but I was actually okay with this development.

"Well... it's well behaved, and adopting is better than buying." he nodded realizing I did had a point.

"Please, pretty please." I made the best puppy eyes I could muster. Father looked at mother, and suddenly they smiled at each other.

"Sure, but you need to take care of it, and you should take him to a veterinarian appointment." I nodded, I guess they wanted to make sure that the cat was healthy and most likely had no flies.

"So what do you plan to call it?" I thought deeply about it, but only one word came to my mind. Since it liked to play the matchmaker it should be honored with the name of the cupid.

"Cupid," I said.

"Like the Roman God?" Father asked and I just nodded.

"Precisely, this face may look squishy, soft, and innocent, but other thoughts dwell deep inside its mind... I'm convinced its favorite pass time is playing the matchmaker." they started to laugh at my antics.

"What caused you to believe this?" I straightened my back.

"Thank you for asking, I swear this kitty winked at me before leaping from a high place, causing me to lose my balance. Because of this, my new friend had to catch me, which he did. But I know it was all this cat's plan." They both laughed at my story while I pouted.

"Look at those sassy eyes." I pulled the cat closer to their faces.

"It looks like any other cat to me." father answered.

"That's what it wants you to believe." they both ruffed thru my hair.

"Someday I will expose its true nature to you guys... but anyway we should buy some cat food." They agreed.

"Let me get my purse and let's go." I tried to put Cupid down, but it refused to leave my arms.

"Mom, I think Cupid wants to tag along." father then pointed out.