Taiju's Girl?

After waking up I had to deliberately blink because I was so confused about my whereabouts, this was not my room, far from it. But the setting seemed familiar, I pulled the covers off from my body and realized I was still wearing yesterday's outfit, which was pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Wait... did I really fall asleep while Taiju was carrying me?" I sighed while holding my head, though he was nowhere to be seen. That's when it hit me, I was in Taiju's room at the Shiba residence. What was even going on? I looked around and found my bag on the nightstand and my shoes were placed beside the bed.

"Is he already awake?" I questioned and jumped out the bed, leaving the two items behind because I planned to return for them later. I looked around but found no trace of Taiju so I opted to go to Yuzuha's room instead, perhaps she would be awake and she could explain to me what took place that evening.

I knocked on the door but got no response, was she also away? My plan was to just take a quick peek, but as soon as I opened the door Yuzuha opened her eyes and she looked at me? Was this some kind of defense mechanism against her older brother?

"Sorry I didn't plan to wake you up, I just wanted to make sure you were here." Yuzuha's eyes blinked a couple of times before she asked.

"Michi?" She then waved her hand for me to come in which I did.

"Wait... then yesterday's incident makes more sense, but at the same time it makes less." She probably tried to wrap her head around the events from yesterday, well it wasn't usual to see Taiju caring for someone I guess.

"So can you explain what happened? I'm so confused..." She took a deep breath and explained from start to finish.

"So yesterday I and Hakkai were watching some movies together, until Taiju suddenly busted thru the door, carrying a girl in his arms. At first, we initially thought that the girl was beaten up by him, but he carried you so preciously, that we were both taken off guard. He carried you so gently that we both couldn't believe it. I was so shocked I dropped the popcorn to the floor, but Taiju just send me a glare and asked me to pick it up later, with no violence. He then carried you to his room, and after like five minutes he left, asking me to take care of his girl." Yuzuha explained in one single breath.

"If you put it like that he kind of sounds like a sweetheart." I just said what I was thinking, but Yuzuha shook her head.

"As a friend, I advise you to set your sights on someone else." I couldn't do anything but laugh.

"I'm serious Michi." She declared keeping her eye contact.

"I don't plan to date him, I'm thankful he helped me out, but he already flopped his chances." Yuzuha sighed in relief.

"I wonder what Hakkai was thinking when you tried to set you two up." Obviously, he wanted less competition for Mitsuya's adoration.

"Mind if I use your kitchen?" I asked as she shook her head. I decided to give mom a call and then the best scenario would be to grab some food before taking my leave.

I walked to Taiju's room and grabbed my stuff, I put the bag on my shoulder and put my shoes by the entrance.

I sat by the kitchen table and phoned my mom, she was visibly distressed.

"Michi, where have you been the whole night?" But I guess my parents became less overprotective because I explained the system's bizarre tasks.

"Sorry, that was not planned. I kinda fell asleep, I will explain what happened once I come back home." I talked with her for a while, but once I decided it was time to make some food Taiju arrived, with his two henchmen. Was he using Kokonoi and Inupi as servants or what?