Keisuke is Sick?

August the 3rd was around the corner, the calendar showed today's date which was already the 27th of July. I wasn't too sure what I was supposed to do, should I even bother giving Draken a health potion? I knew he would survive, but at the same time as his friend, I didn't want him to suffer for a long period. But giving him something that would make him recover in merely hours, would cause everyone to be suspicious. And I still wanted to enjoy the quietest life possible I could achieve in this world. However, what I was scared of the most, was people perceiving me differently because of the system.

"Then again, maybe I should save up the potions for the distant future." Yes, it was better if I actually used it on people whose fate was to die, because there was no certainty that I would get more of those potions in the distant future. What if I could only receive a limited stash, and once I get to the Tenjiku arc I will be left with nothing to save Emma? Or Izana? I sighed this was a hard decision to make, I mean by that time I would be so much stronger, but could I outwit Kisaki?

"I should just wait when the day comes." I realized that was for the best, maybe some mission would pop up to tell me what to do.

"I should probably start preparing for work," I told myself and stopped worrying about the future. The atmosphere at work was quite nice, but the manager was nagging me again to stay at least another month until school opened. I told him to wait at least 5 more days, since on August 1st I would get my rewards, depending on if I got an extension of the mission I would consider staying.

As I was returning home from my part-time job I received a call from Chifuyu.

"It's not often you call me, what do you want?" I asked as he explained.

"Listen, Baji-san is sick." This guy and his simp behavior, most of the time he was talking about Keisuke and I had already enough of it, however, my initial reaction to this peculiar news was.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" He complained about how I should cherish Keisuke more.

"You could at least come over and keep him company, aren't you worried for his health?" Chifuyu asked, I bet it was nothing but a simple cold he had, it was not the end of the world.

"I can't, remember how I had to visit your place with Keisuke because his mother went crazy?" I didn't want to arrive at the porch only to witness some episode of a soap opera, where a fight would ignite between them both. She went ballistic the last time I visited and that was enough for me to know, that I never wanted to be in her presence.

"Baji-san says that his mother is cool with you." Could I even take Keisuke's word for it, or was he lying to get his way? But I could visit him since Chifuyu was there as well.

"I guess I can... but I will bring Kazu-chan along." Chifuyu soon screamed into the lure.

"No, he was already here hours ago!" Okay, he could at least spare my ears, what was even happening on the other end?

"Fine, I'm coming over now." Within 20 minutes I arrived at Keisuke's house, Chifuyu opened the door and let me in, but before I could ignite any proper conversation he quickly stated.

"Sorry I have to go now." And that was it, he ran soon after not even allowing me time to ask him where he was rushing to.

"The hell?" I heard myself say after closing the front door behind his ass.

"Keisuke I'm here!" I took off my shoes and walked to his room. He was lying inside his bed, a towel resting on his forehead, there was a bowl filled with water standing beside his bed, I guess Chifuyu was taking care of him until I made my presence known.

"Interesting." Manga always made sicknesses seem so serious, how could those characters lay in bed all day long doing absolutely nothing? When I was sick I just draped some blankets over myself and watched movies with a tower of tissues beside me on my computer.