Material Girl~

I felt something tickling my nose softly, but the feeling dispersed and came back again, I opened my heavy eyelids only to find Cupid pacing back and forth around my head

"I'm awake." rather half-awake but I sat up and stared at the clock, ah yes it was Monday morning again, time for school. I wasn't ready to leave my soft bed, because my eyelids felt heavy, I hardly got any sleep, probably because my brain was overthinking the love level stuff since last evening. What could Appeal mean exactly, could it be just something as simple as finding them attractive? Yes to forget about this stupid topic already I decided to believe it was so. I stood up and put on my school uniform, I was going downstairs but Cupid jumped into my arms, he decided that today it was time to be clingy when I didn't have any strength to carry him around. As I sat down beside the table mom gave me a plate with already prepared breakfast.

"Michi what happened? You didn't get enough sleep? You look really exhausted." I was struggling with picking up the food with my chopsticks as the cat on my lap demanded pats.

"I couldn't sleep," I admitted as mom decided to make me some tea. The breakfast table was rather quiet today, probably too quiet for moms liking, so she soon glanced in my direction while telling dad.

"Dear, I think our daughter has found someone else she likes." I think I nearly choked on the food hearing this.

"That was fast..." was all he could say. However, after some pondering, he added.

"Good, since the last guy rejected you, he probably wasn't even good enough for our Michi in the first place." Wow, that took a turn.

"So were those two boys twins?" She probably was thinking about the Kawata twins from yesterday.

"Yes," I answered.

"Let me guess... the blue-haired one is the one you like." I dropped the spoon that I was using for eating my miso soup.

"Oh, don't be so shocked Michi, a mother should know her daughter's tastes." Did I miss something important, did she pick it up from yesterday's observation? Or did she come to this conclusion because of something else?

"Good luck. He looked like a nice boy, even if he was frowning a little bit too much." They both gave me thumbs up.

"Thanks, both of you, but I'm ready for such commitment." I had the system to worry about and I wasn't so sure what it wanted from me. Also usually middle school relationships tend to not last long. Although I could think of an exception that was Hinata and Takemichi. They did make it thru at least in one future inside the manga.

After that conversation was over I played a little with Cupid, prepared myself, packed some things and I went to school. Lessons went by slowly, making me almost doze off in the middle of them, but lunchtime got a little bit more entertaining since I got a mission.

'Would you rather bully the popular girl in class, or ask Tetta Kisaki if he wanted a body pillow with your picture on it.' Okay, that sounded like a lot of fun, not gonna lie. I didn't even glance at the rewards just straight up clicked on the second option.