Waka Hang Out~

Upon awaking the next morning, the first thing I took notice of was the tiny calendar that was resting at my desk, basically screaming at me, not really, that today was already the 30th of October

Upon awaking the next morning, the first thing I took notice of was the tiny calendar that was resting at my desk, basically screaming at me, not really, that today was already the 30th of October. Meaning I only had today to prepare what was to come tomorrow morning. I was already freaking out on the inside, couldn't believe the time passed so quickly and I had to face something I was dreading for the past couple of months.

Never did I have to directly involve myself before in the other fights, considering no one's life was really threatened, but this time was different.

So to take my mind off the depressing thoughts, I started to look thru my phone. And found out I received a bunch of texts from everyone that was at the festival yesterday. The praises were for either the festival's kissing booth or our girls' rock band performance. Even Mr. Nomura, my teacher let me know how the principal was overjoyed by our success.

I tried to respond to everyone, thanking them for their kind words, knowing how much fun they had, made me somehow warm and fuzzy inside.

But there was one text that was standing out from the rest.

"I'm looking forward to tasting your lips again, and soon." Was this a possible threat from Ran? And this gem was followed by.

"Are you coming to our son's fight? You know to cheer him on?" Did he believe this was like coming to your child's football practice?

"Is this really something you should encourage? Take responsibility for your child." I primarily wrote it as a joke and I wasn't expecting an answer to come right away, being fully aware of Ran's long sleeping schedule.

But being reminded of this small fact prompted me to change his nickname in my contacts to something else.

"Sleeping Beauty." Totally fitting indeed. I gave myself a chuckle, stretched, and walked down the stairs for my usual food intake.

Most of the talk was surrounded around the events from yesterday and of course, mom was delighted when she got to know Souya actually did participate in the kissing booth like she wanted to.

Once we finished eating and we siblings helped mom with the dishes, she went back with me to my room, wanting an update on my progress on other matters.

"So how is it going? Have you found someone that has the skill you were searching for?" I shook my head reminding myself of the fact.

"No one had any speaking skills higher than A." So Kisaki must have been really lucky to snatch one for himself, which made me wonder if I would have better luck in checking out some stats on politicians instead. Perhaps I could manipulate Tora back to sanity?

"Don't worry mom, I will figure something out." She suggested having a family meeting so we could figure out something together with older brother. But I was skeptical, perhaps I would have better results by speaking to him during the fight. Him cracking under pressure? Was that a possible strategy I could use?