Chapter 64

"Are you absolutely positive you want to do this Blake?" I asked him, asking him this for the tenth time this morning as he was prepping to go talk to the owners and coaches about taking the season off. "Blake, allstar weekend is coming up! Don't you want to go, you know? Participate?"

"Never liked All-star weekend, anyways," Blake brushed it off, kissing the top of my head lightly. "Didn't they invite you to play in one of the events?" I nodded, trying to hide my utter enthusiasm.

"Yeah," I said, trying harder than anything to hide my smile. It was just one of those things when you couldn't stop smiling. "In the all-star, WNBA player and retired player trio, shoot-out contest."

"What team did they put you on?" He asked me, putting on his watch as I sat on the bed watching him in the mirror. Blake was looking at me in the mirror.

"Uh," I looked away from Blake, and he looked down to his watch. "I didn't really have a choice, but, uh..."

"They put you on Russell's, didn't they?" He asked me, our eyes connected through the mirror again.
I nodded to him and and he looked back down to his watch. "It's okay, you know? I want you and Russell to still be best friends, I know it's going to take s lot of work and patience and... it'll take me a while, but if that's what you want... I can't tell you who you can and can't hang out with. I don't want to be that type of boyfriend. I trust you. I promise. We'll go out to NYC have a great time at the weekend, it'll be great." I jumped off the bed and grabbed Blake from behind, jumping up and kissing him. I pushed him into the bed, as our lips met. "Baby, you wrinkled my jacket.... eh, it was worth it." I smiled and kissed him one more time, before he got up from the bed and checked himself once more in the mirror. I watched him from the bed before he turned to look to me for approval.

"You'll do fine, you're Blake fucking Griffin," I reminded him, tossing him a charming smile. Blake couldn't help but smile to me and nodded with confidence.

"God, I love you," Blake said, smiling to me. The smile that I loved. "I'll see you later, baby, okay? I love you with all my heart." I blew him a kiss as he disappeared through the doorway and I heard him jogging down the steps. I turned on my phone, after I heard Blake go out the driveway and called Russell. I jumped off the bed, and called him, moving out into the hallway and looking over the foyer. I waited for it to ring and Russell finally picked up.

"Hey, Morgan, what's up?" He said into the phone, he sounded a little rushed.

"Hey, nothing, I just decided to call because I found out we are on the same team for all-star weekend," I told him, smiling happy to hear his voice. I really was. "I've missed your voice so much."

"I'm so excited, I have never been to All-Star weekend before," I admitted and Russell chuckled.

"It's so awesome, especially since it's gonna be in New York this year, we're gonna have a great time," he told me and I smiled on the other end. "Nina and I are doing great." I gasped and clapped, squealing a little.

"No way!" I screeched into the phone, but then quieted down, once I realized that might have hurt Russell's ears. "Aw, oh, Russell, I am so happy for you! When do I get to meet her? All-star weekend?"

"Yeah, of course! She has to meet my best friend," I smiled when he said that, I was happy we were still the best of friends. "But, she can't know about what happened. She wouldn't let me hang out with you if she found out."

"Of course, no," I agreed one hundred percent. "It's dead to both of us, right?" I asked and there was scuffling on the other line.

"Of course," he told me and I nodded, smiling into the phone.

111111111111111111111111111111111111

Blake erupted through the door as I was getting ready to order a pizza for us for dinner. I jumped as Blake, grabbed me, and spun me around, bringing me up into the air. I squealed with surprise. "What's going on?" I asked him, as he kissed my neck several times.

"I got the season off... no more," he told me and I smiled to him, as he let me down and then kissed me with full force on the lips. "I feel bad that I'm happy about this, but for once... I feel good and I kinda feel... free." He kissed me multiple times, before setting me back down on the ground. My few moments of being taller than Blake were short lived.
"You do you, baby," I told him, smacking his butt, and walking away to get my phone. Blake snuck up behind me and smacked my butt back. "Hey!"

"Should've said no backsies," Blake commented, shrugging and smiling.

"What are we doing tonight?" I asked.

"Going out with DJ," I grabbed my phone and ran back downstairs to Blake.

"Who else?" I knew better to believe we were just going to dinner with DJ.

"Uhhh... a double date." He answered quickly, shuffling through the mail. I raised my eyebrows, but Blake was either avoiding my eyesight, or didn't see me.

"DJ found a girl?" I asked and Blake nodded his head. "Who?"

"Fine. Maya," he admitted and I shook my head. No way in hell I was going to dinner with Maya. She was fucking dead to me. No way I was going to dinner with that bitch. Backstabber. "Give it a chance, please?"

"Nope," I snapped, trying to keep my cool. Why would Blake think I would go to dinner with Maya? That was completely out of the question. Blake grabbed me from the front.

"Baby, please, for me," he begged me, and I groaned.

"I'm not speaking to her," I gave in. "But I'll go." Blake smiled to me and kissed me on my forehead, hitting my butt again playfully.

"Let's go get ready."

What do you think is gonna happen at the dinner?😁

This is kinda random, but holy shit Matt Barnes is attractive.😍 The basketball crush changes every other week, but hot damn. And congrats to the Clippers for the awesome win tonight. #Semis!!