Chapter 49

"Hey," Blake said after he finished his shower, dropping on the couch next to me. "I don't know what we're gonna do for dinner yet..." Blake kept rambling on about dinner and what we should eat, but I had my mind on something else. Something more important. The butterflies that resembled adrenaline in my stomach were swirling, making me feel jumpy. But I was more anxious than anything. "Morgan? You there? Hello?" Blake's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to face him. I shook my head.

"Can we talk?" I blurted out, just wanting to get this over with more than anything. Blake raised his eyebrows, turning a little bit more to face me. He saw my concerned face and bit his lower lip, his eyes falling.

"I knew something was up," he said, gnawing on his lip. "I'm assuming it's something not good." I nodded slowly, grinding my teeth back and forth.

"So when you... um... left because you were mad at me..." I trailed off, rubbing my hands together. Blake chuckled.

"I already know," he said, plainly. "I already know what happened when I was gone and its all my fault. I left you alone and you felt alone and I know that. I hate the fact that he touched you like that... but I know you love me and I know it's my fault." I nodded, letting two tears fall from my eyes. He wiped them away, kissing me lightly on my lips. "It's all my fault, I'm so sorry."

"How did you know?" I sniveled, wiping my teary eyes again. He bit his lip, and tossed his head from side to side.

"Well..." He trailed off, "I guessed." I shook my head and rubbed my tongue against the back of my teeth.

"I know you didn't guess. Who told you?" I repeated, rubbing his shoulders as he pretended to look around the room for an answer. "Blake." He dodged the question again and I rolled my eyes. "I will punch you in your dick." I said aiming my fist down to his lap.

"Okay, okay, okay," Blake blurted, grabbing my wrist and putting my fist back into my lap. "Please... don't get mad... okay? Maya told me... but..." I cut Blake off in anger.

"That hippicrit bitch!" I barked, jumping up off the couch. "She can't fucking tell her fucking boyfriend that she cheated on him! But she turns around and tells my boyfriend! What the fuck? Oh my god... you have got to be kidding me!" Blake tried to pull me back on the couch, but I yanked my wrist back from him.

"Baby, chill out." Blake tried to calm me down, but that didn't work. I could practically feel the anger running through my veins driving me crazy. I felt like I was literally going to explode.

"No!" I snapped back at him, loud enough for the neighbors all the way down the street to hear. "You have no idea what the fuck she did to me! Then she's gonna turn around after we talked for so long on the beach today! Talking about how she can't tell Serge she cheated on him when their relationship is a goddamn lie!" I grabbed my phone off the coffee table, and dialed Serge's number, which I strangely had in my phone. Blake ran to me, trying to grab the phone from me, but it was no use. I was beyond pissed. The phone rang for what felt like forever and I nearly exploded when Serge answered the phone. "Hey, Serge," I said calmly when he answered the phone.

"Morgan, please don't do this," I heard Blake behind me, but I ignored him, so infuriated that Maya had the nerve.

"Hey?" He said into the phone but it came out as more of a question. "I'm on my way to Maya's right now, it isn't the best time to talk."

"Well, make time," I stated and he huffed into the phone. "When I asked if you loved Maya... you said you did, correct?"

"Yes, of course I do," Serge mumbled and a smile played across my face.

"Well, I regret to inform you that she cheated on you, guess she doesn't love you that much back. Wouldn't blame her." I added smirking.

"Morgan, stop," Blake said again behind me but I waited for Serge to say something but it was silent.

"Is this a prank?" Serge asked, his voice shaking a little. I could tell he was on the verge of tears. "Maya wouldn't do that."

"I can send you the pictures," I said again and he just hung up the phone. I dodged into my messages app and got his name and sent him the picture of Maya and DJ that night in the pool.

"Okay, now, that's not cool at all," Blake told me, grabbing my phone and holding it up over his head so I couldn't reach.

"Yeah, you're right, Blake," I said, rolling my eyes. "It isn't cool when your best friend goes behind your back... and wait, how did Maya know I had sex with him? I never even told her."

"Okay... stop obsessing." Blake ordered and I shook off what he said, but I was irritated.
I was beyond irritated.

I only knew one thing.

Maya Moore was dead to me.