Chapter 83

I sat at the table circling the pills that looked all too familiar in my fingers. I knew Blake was right, and this was just another reason I didn't want to tell him. I knew he was going to act this way. Blake was pacing around the room, rubbing his hands over his face, waiting for me to take the pills. I knew he didn't want to rush me, but I threw them into my mouth with a gulp of water before he would ever be able to change his mind. He sighed and didn't say anything, before he moved back into the bedroom quietly. I would never hear the end of this as soon as Maya found out. I rubbed my hands together, and pushed the glass of water away from me. I moved easily towards the living room couches and took a deep breath, as the tears began to slip. I tried to be as quiet as possible, as I sniffled and cried in my hands. I felt two muscular arms wrap around me, as I held my knees to my chest. This is what I needed. Someone to hold me. Where was it hours ago when I needed it most? It didn't matter, he was here now. I dropped my head onto his shoulder and cried harder and louder as the pads of his thumbs circled my inner thigh. I cried in hysterics, my tears all over Blake's shirt. He rubbed my head and I could tell by the shortness of his breaths, he was trying not to cry as well. Blake was never afraid to show his emotions, which is what I loved about him. Blake took a deep breath and his breath cracked as he exhaled.

"I am sorry, Morgan," Blake said, running his fingertips up and down my back. "I just... I want to get married first and I want to settle down... with you."

"So, we aren't settled down already?" I asked him, getting a little upset. I was trying to stop my tears, but that just made it worse. My breath was shaky, and I held it, in hopes Blake would think I stopped. "I just... I just thought you were different than this, what you're making me deal with."

"You know what I mean," Blake said back to me, and I inhaled a sharp breath. My crying had calmed down a little. "I want to get married first and then... then we can establish a plan. When you do this you can't play basketball.... I won't let you. And I don't want to be on the road when I have a newborn at home, I want to be home with you and my child. Because I want my child to have a father figure and presence since the start. That's my child, and I want to spend as much time with him or her as possible."

"I get it," I answered. "But why were you avoiding me? Ignoring me?"

"I was scared, Morgan," he told me, "starting a family that scares me. I'm so scared of fucking up, I want his or her life to be perfect. I was scared and I did something that was not fair to you by any means, and I am sorry." I sniffled a couple times, and swallowed hard. "You hear me?" I nodded against his shoulder. "And don't think I don't love you for a second, I always have loved you, never stopped, and I will never stop." I looked up to him with a big, goofy smile on my face. "There's that beautiful smile." I met his lips with mine, and put as much passion into the kiss as I could in that moment, curving my back and grabbing both of Blake's cheeks. He tugged my bottom lip with his teeth playfully as we separated. "Now, can we please go to bed? I'm exhausted." I smiled and giggled, as he kissed me one more time. He swept me off my feet and carried me into the bedroom, lying me softly on the duvet. Blake turned off the lamps, and kissed me once more goodnight, and collapsed onto the pillow. "I love you, see you in the morning," Blake muttered, closing his eyes, lying on his back, waiting for me to latch onto him. When he realized I wasn't lying down, he cracked open his right eye, to see me sitting up in bed, watching him. "What, babygirl?" He cooed, him calling me baby girl just made me want him even more.

"I thought we were going to..." I motioned my hands in between me and him, but I don't think he picked up my hint. "You know?" He opened both of his eyes and narrowed them a little. "I thought we were going to have sex tonight." I pouted, looking at Blake. Blake threw his head back and grimaced.

"Baby, you know that I want too, but I'm so tired," he commented, closing his eyes again. "After all that just happened, of all nights, you wanna do it right now?" He chuckled.

"Kinda," I replied, pouting, "but it's cool though, I get another pass when you ask to do it one time."

"Fuck you," Blake chuckled, bringing me closer to him, as I lied my head on his chest.

"I wish you were," I commented and Blake groaned again.

"It's cool when you use your pass, though," Blake said, smiling, "because lotion and napkins have been used many times before by me."

"Blake, you're nasty." I said, giggling, "but I love you."

"I love you more than anything in the world."

So sorry this was a short chapter, I just didn't feel like I needed to add anything else into this one. Hope you enjoyed.

•Everyone's an addict to something. Some are just worse than others.•